Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 12 July 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Silvio Salza
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Patricia Herterich
  • William Kilbride
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Stefan Proell
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Mariella Guercio
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Holger Brocks
  • Hans Pfeiffenberger

Apologies

Month 16 Checkpoint Revised Documents

SL explained that the main focus of this meeting is to explain what is happening with the most pressing issue, which the response to the Month 16 checkpoint report, which has tobe submitted to the EC by the 22 July. SL will also gave a summary of the telephone call he and Juan Bicarregui from STFC had with the Liina Munari, Javier Hernandez-Ros and Manuela Speiser. SL has posted these notes on the Wiki for everyone to read. He also advised that Liina Munari has now officially left the unit and Manuela has now replaced her as Project Officer and the unit has been re-named DT Connect. The purpose of the call was to reassure the EC of the steps being taken to address the issues raised and that, as Project Coordinator, STFC reiterated its commitment to the project and that SL will now commit 100% of his time to the administrative coordination and ensuring greater focus and encouragement with all the partners.

SL expects to have some feedback from the Project Officer after receipt of the responses, before submitting to the reviewers. JB will be submitting these in SL's absence next week.

To summarise, we will be submitting:

1. Covering letter addressed to the Project Officer

2. Detailed responses to a number of work packages: WP12, WP14 plus several other work packages to which we need to respond to and substantially revise following the review.

3. Revised Period I Report and Year 2 Plan (separately annexed to the Period 1 Report)

4. Merged D44.1 and D45.1, which was the only deliverable that was requested for re-submission, specifically in the letter from the Commission.

ES and VP-Z have produced a new document and this will be submitted for internal review. SL asked for two volunteers who are not directly involved in this WP to review this deliverable. SL nominated Patricia Herterich and Herve L'Hours who both agreed to do this.

Concerning the future dates for the All Hands mega meetings, SL will produce a new schedule for these to be held on a two-weekly basis.

ACTIONS:

Patricia Herterich and Herve L'Hours to review the revised and amalgamated D44.1 and D45.1 deliverables.

SL to produce new schedule for two-weekly All Hands Mega meetings and send meeting invitations out to the whole group.

DG said we need to ensure that we put together a formal response to the reviewers recommendations within the 'Covering Letter' document. SL said that R2.4 and R2.5 are addressed in the introduction to the Year 2 Plan. SL asked for the following actions:

ACTIONS:

1. WP Leaders should check what is contained in the WP document and respond with any corrections or additional information. WP leaders have to be ready to do this at the beginning of next week.

2. The two formal internal reviewers should review the whole Year 1 Plan in parallel this this.

3. DG said that R2.2 - Access to the Wiki is a recommendation and we should respond to this. DG recommended that we should allow access but we also need to 'tidy this up' to make navigation a little clearer.

DG pointed out two uncertainties:

i) The request for extra man months in terms of money - these have been excluded and the WP leaders should take account of this.

ii) Philips and Microsoft have gone and we need to consider the position of IKIRAS as under-performing partners in the project. They have received pre-financing and therefore should put in the effort and complete the work for which they have already been paid. ML said that the PMB should then decide how we deal with IKIRAS at the next meeting in September and in accordance with the procedures agreed at the GA in Brussels.

In Conclusion

Simon will:

  • Finish preparing the Covering Letter including formal response to the reviewers' recommendations R2.1 to R2.5, after the discussions at the PMB this afternoon and update the Gantt Chart.

  • The revised Period 1 Report with the Year 2 Plan annexed as a separate document.

  • The detailed response to the Reviewers by work package.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-07-16

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-08-07 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback