Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 23 August 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Silvio Salza
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Rene van Horik
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Thiessen
  • Stefan Proell
  • John Lindstrom
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Heikki Helin
  • Holger Brocks
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Olivier Rouchon

Apologies

Management Update

SL stressed the urgency of completing the documents required by the PO and ran through the oustanding issues.

There are a number of documents the PMB has been working on and one of them is a schedule for the coming months of the actions that are required to take us to the next review. It is divided into three phases:

1. Urgent deliverables that have to be submitted within the next week.

2. Deliverables up to the next review.

3. Revision of the Year 2 Plan.

There are many deliverables due by Month 26 and we have to ensure they are delivered on time and to quality. There are some deliverables that are already overdue. Due to the disruption of responding to the problems in the first year, we will be proposing to submit all of these by the end of September. The urgent ones we have to submit within a week (as requested by the PO) are:

1. D44.1 - in good shape

2. D44.2 - there is a draft of this on the Wiki, which reports on conferences and publications in the first year.

3. D46.1 - International liaison. There is not much on this. Please have a look at the draft on the Wiki and let SL and the other PMB members know urgently if there is anything that can be included.

ACTIONS:

ALL - D44.2 this is a last reminder. If there are any communication acitivities from 2011, please let SL know.

ALL - D46.1 Please have a look at the draft and let SL know urgently if there is anything that can be included

Periodic Report for the First Year

SL has been chasing to get some missing figures on person months. The only ones that are still missing are:

ESA : Airbus

All of the above need to provide more information for the Form C's on-line - THIS IS VERY URGENT. Until we have ALL the information, NONE of the partners will be paid since the Form Cs will be rejected again.

Silvio expressed concern about the delay in payments due to the partners who have not completed their Form C's correctly. In view of this he said that CINI would have to slow down their activities on the project due to lack of funds as a result of the payment delay.

URGENT ACTION: ESA and Airbus to complete the information required for the Form C's URGENTLY.

The First Year Report

The Project Officer has requested the following:

  • She wants various additional information as to why some packages did not report any progress but claimed effort. These issues have to be addressed.
  • The Year 2 plan is now required as a separate document

We hope to submit the Form C's and revised First Year Report within the next week or two. [Note from the PMB meeting in the afternoon: it was decided to submit these by 1 September without fail.]

SL encourages everyone to have a look at the letter, on the Wiki, that is being developed for the PO. This will be discussed at the PMB this afternoon.

ACTIONS:

ALL - please have a look at the draft letter to the PO, that is on the Wiki, and let SL have any comments.

Stream 1 Integration

There are a couple of urgent deliverables D14.1 and D16.1. These will be submitted at the end of September. DG has been doing some chasing on D16.1 and he and Ash Hunter need to finalise things. They are working on the software repository and registry and these should be in place by the end of the month. There will then be a period where there is a need to populate this - this ties in with the test beds and the test data. DG will be in contact with Ash tomorrow and next week.

Stream 2 Technical research

D26.1 - Christoph Bruch is working on this and this will be produced by the end of September.

D22.2 - This needs urgent clarification. Barbara Bazzanella is working on the document and following the process of evaluating the interoperability framework but she needs to talk to Maurizio Lunghi about this. SL said there is a draft on the Wiki but we need to use the same title for this deliverable as written in the DOW (this applied to all deliverables!).

ACTION: Barbara B needs to clarify what is happening with the deliverable. The idea was to finalise the evaluating of the interoperability framework and discuss this with ML in order to formulate the plan to finalise the document. She will let SL know the position when she has clarified this with ML.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

WP36.1 - We have to explain the postponement of this deliverable and confirm this postponement to the end of the year.

WP32 - There will be a mega meeting immediately after this call.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

Veronica P-Z will be back from vacation next week and will follow up any outstanding issues.

ACTION: Reminder to keep recording communication activities on the mangement web site and update the list of papers published.

D43.1 - Reminder to provide information on non-English language training initiatives so that we can expand on the deliverable.

Any other business

The panel on 'Trust' at iPres has been accepted. Rene van Horik is starting to prepare for this with the APARSEN members who will be involved. Rene needs material in advance and he will, over the next three weeks, start preparations. Rene asked if the recent Webinar is available to see if he can use some of the material from this. DG will circulate the url again.

ACTION: DG will circulate the url of the recent webinar to everyone.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-08-23

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-08-23 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback