Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 30 August 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Silvio Salza
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Patricia Herterich
  • William Kilbride
  • Jeffery van der Hoeven
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Stefan Proell
  • Stefan Hein
  • Mariella Guercio
  • Heiko Tjalsma
  • Holger Brocks
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Karlheinz Schmitt
  • Christoph Bruch

Apologies

Simon Lambert

Management Update

In SL's absence DG reported: SL will be finalising the documents for the Form C's tomorrow and will send them to the Project Officer by the deadline. WP46 is rather light.

URGENT ACTION:

Please supply any missing information for the Form C's as a matter of urgency.

CB asked if there is a Wiki page to add their communications activities. DG advised that this is on the management web site. WK asked what can be done when a small number of partners are very late in submitting their cost claims and thereby putting the other partners at risk of non payment. DG said that, in those instances, we should advise the EC of the issue and the cost claims will be zero's out and the partners will either be dropped from the project or an amendment could be made in the next year's cost claim. The delays have resulted from the EC requesting further informaton for the costs claims after they were initially submitted. ML asked about the commitment of ESA and Airbus to the project. DG and SL have a plan for escalating the pressure on these partners. We did get a response from Airbus from Yves and they have now supplied the missing information. We have been in touch with the person at ESA and action is being taken and the information supplied. SM said we have a sanction, via the GA, to throw out any partners who are in breach of the rules.

DG discussed the PO's note, which was circulated to the partners. The PO is not concerned about replacing Philips and Microsoft, which then allows us to complete the revised DOW and therefore avoid any delays in the completion of this. Clearly her suggestion is that we do not add new partners. The contract amendment who include the withdrawal of IKIRAS and, after the revised DOW is finalised in November this can be completed by January. DG said we can answer the last points by producing good deliverables. The main focus is to push forward with the deliverables. JvdH said we should focus on outreach and the results much more and DG said we do also have to take steps to communicate more with the PO and, through her, the reviewers.

Stream 1 Integration

WK said his focus has been mainly on D43.1. DG reported on Common Vision. There has not been any specific activity in terms of documents but we need to prepare for the GA in September and the meetings in November. The overall positioning discussions need to be spread more widely and, in particular, on the mechanisims as to how we get to the blueprint for the VCoE. WK asked if there was a report from the Brussels workshop- DG advised that this is on the Wiki.

ACTION: DG will again circulate the link to the report on workshop from the Brussels meeting. (see here)

D14.1 and D16.1 are closely connected and AH from Tessella has been out of action because of some moves but DG has been doing some work on this and it is on the web site. This will need to be populated over the next month or so and DG will be asking people to put in additional information and rating software.#

Stream 2 Technical research

ML reported that the first version of the deliverable has been completed and he will follow up on this.

WP22 - carrying on acitivity on this by the University of Trento and continuing the evaluation exercise. DG asked if there is a tool that we can show to people? The deadline for completing the evaluation of the interoperability framework is 3 September. They will then start implementing some services to demonstrate the feasibility of the framework showing how the services can inter-operate with different domains. DG asked when this will be ready? This needs to be done by the APA conference in November.

ACTION: Start implementing some services to demonstrate the feasibility of the framework showing how the services can inter-operate with different domains. This needs to be done by the APA conference in November.

D26.1 was due in July but was extended until September. CB assured the group that this will be finished by then. RvH said that there are tools and standards from other projects that can be utilised and would like to know the status of these tools.

ACTION: DG will circulate the link to the SCIDIP-ES web site and the documents that are available. (see here)

There will be a robust service for containing registration information services. RvH suggested that there should be a separate meeting on this subject.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

WP32 and WP36 - CB reported that these are active and the next meeting on WP36 will be tomorrow so there is nothing to report at this stage. WP32 has been postponed to the end of the year and this has been approved by the PO.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

VP-Z reported that work is continuing to improve the web site. GJ advised that the last chapters have only just been completed and this needs to be polished before sending out. VP-Z and GJ will discuss this outside the meeting. JL will finalise the list of conferences where APARSEN will be presented. The EC is asking for another deliverable on WP44.

WP43.1 - Holger Brocks advised that there is a joint reporting sheet for collecting information about non-English training material. Sharon advised that they have been making progress on the re-draft of D43.1 and capturing information on non-English courses, mostly focussed on countries where we have good representation in the project. SMcM asked if there are any other courses in other countries that can be captured then please let her know.

ACTION: ALL - please let SMcM know if there are any other courses in other countries that can be captured.

WP42 - they are analysing the resources which are listed on the Wiki and summarising courses and curricular.

VP-Z said they will intensify the communication work and asked the WP leaders to provide her with executive summaries. There will be APARSEN workshops at the Open Access Days in Vienna.

1. We hope there is a workshop relating to APARSEN at iPRES - there are already research papers at iPRES.

2. The IDDC Workshop - UNITN have submitted a paper to IDDC.

DG said we need to put information on the public web site about the on-going work so that there is more public visibility.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-09-05

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2012-09-06 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback