Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 6 September 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Silvio Salza
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • John Lindstrom
  • Rene van Horik
  • Jeffery van der Hoeven
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Hilary Beedham
  • Stefan Proell
  • Eefke Smit
  • Holger Brocks
  • Heikki Helin
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Olivier Rouchon

Apologies

David Giaretta, William Kilbride, Efim Kudashev, Andreas Hundsdoerfer, Kirnn Kaur, CERN team.

Management Update

Last week SL submitted the latest set of documents required:

1. Revised version of the D44.1 plus two interim deliverables requested by the EC

2. Submission of revised first Year Periodic Report plus cost statements.

We are now awaiting any further queries from the Commission. Every partner, with one exception, supplied the required additional information for the Form Cs.

Deliverables due at end of September; internal review procedure

We have committed to submit the following deliverables at the end of September. These are: D14.1 : D16.1 : D22.2 : D26.1

These were due over the summer but an extension has been accepted by the PO and they will be submitted at the end of this month. Internal reviews are required to follow our QA procedures.

Status of the Year 2+ plan

The Year 2 Plan is turning into an important tool for managing the future of the project. This is now a separate document, as requested by the Project Officer and will be put on the Wiki so that it can be edited and commented on.

SL reminded everyone about the Virtual GA meeting on the 17 September. The PMB will finalise the agenda, which will then be circulated before the end of this week. He also reminded everyone to start thinking about the programme for the GA Meeting on the 8/9 November at ESA, just after the APA Conference.

Stream 1 Integration

SL said there are two deliverables from this Stream, which have to be submitted at the end of September.

D16.1 - Gerald Jaeschke is the internal reviewer for this deliverable.

D14.1 - SL and Rene vH volunteered to be the internal reviewers for this deliverable.

ACTION: SL will follow up with AH and DG about the dates when these deliverables will be available for internal review.

WP15 - RvH raised the issue of more communication with other projects like SCIDIP-ES.

Eefke Smit has organised a webinar on two dates (one internal and one external):

  • Tuesday 12 September (Internal)
  • October - date to be confirmed) (same webinar; all our external stakeholders will be invited to this)

Stream 2 Technical research

ML reported that they have started activity and suggesting a separate mega meeting for the stream to discuss the use of a Glossary for technical terms to ensure there is commonality between the work packages for their respective publications and that they harmonise their work in Stream 2. This should improve the quality of their outcomes and publications. ML said he was missing the Work Plans for WP21 and WP23 and asked SL and Veronica Guidetti to provide these to him by Monday 10 September.

ACTION: SL and Veronica Guidetti to provide Work Plans for WP21 and WP23 to ML by Monday 10 September

RvH intends to propose a workshop at the IDCC conference in January on Sustainability. The idea is to present the results at the Workshop. He asked the WP leaders for WP21, 23, 32 and 36 to think about committing to this workshop and the skeleton for these is on the Wiki. Hans P had previously offered to do a review on D26.1.

ACTION: WP leaders for WP21, 23, 32 and 36 should think about committing to the workshop in January 2013 at IDCC and look at the skeleton for this is on the Wiki - the deadline for submitting the proposal is 25 September.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

CB said they have two active work packages in WP32 and WP36 and has not had contact with WP36 yet. There was a WP32 mega meeting last Friday and Kirrn sent a request asking partners to add information on their cost models.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

WP41 - JL is working on the updates of the relevant conferences and all partners have a chance to look at the Wiki page to see where APARSEN is being presented and he and RvH have been collaborating on this. JL is also currently doing the planning for 2013/14 and will be contacting partners for information.

WP42 - There is a deliverable coming up, which is a report on existing initiatives and curricula. Holger Brocks said that they were in the process of analysing some of the initiatives indentified on the Wiki. The deadline to complete this is set for Wednesday next week - 12 September.

D43.1 - SL reported that Sharon McMeekin of DPC reminded everyone to send information about the non English language courses for DP - the PO requested 40 additional non-English courses.

WP44 - VP-Z reported that the first APARSEN newsletter has been sent out and it is accessible directly from the web site. Anyone can register on the web site for the Newsletter. They are currently looking at the possibility of a subscriber list and/or database.

DG is working on a brochure on Trust and the first proof should be available early next week.

VP-Z and CB have sent out invitations to the APARSEN workshop at the Open Access Days in Vienna and advised that they have had a great deal of interest in these. APARSEN partners are invited to attend, although, apart from one session, all the sessions will be conducted in German.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-09-07

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-09-07 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback