Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 20 September 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • RenÚ van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Stefan Proell
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • John Lindstrom
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Ash Hunter
  • Dalit Naor

Apologies received from: David Giaretta, Krystina Giaretta, William Kilbride, Kirnn Kaur, Jeffrey van der Hoeven, Christoph Bruch, Holger Brocks.

Management update

Simon reminded everyone that the APARSEN face-to-face meeting is confirmed for 8-9 November 2012 at ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, after the APA conference. The 8 November will be an All Hands Meeting, and on the morning of 9 November there will be a General Assembly meeting. He reminded everyone intending to join the APA conference to register as soon as possible, as there is a limit of 140 places, and the early discounted registration fees ends 1 October.

Hans Pfeiffenberger and Christoph Bruch are resigning as Stream Leaders and members of the PMB owing to pressure of work. They will continue to fulfil the role up to the GA meeting in November, when a replacement will be elected.

Simon and Denise Small are in contact with individual partners about responding to the EC's queries on the Form Cs.

Simon briefly reported on the General Assembly meeting held on 17 September. Minutes are expected to be available by the end of this week.

Simon is intending to introduce the quarterly effort summaries that were approved by the last GA meeting in June. These will be based on the figures in the management website, so now is an opportunity to make sure these are up to date.

ACTION: Simon to produce quarterly effort summaries for the first two quarters of 2012.

Stream 1 Integration

D14.1 "Report on testing environments" and D16.1 "Software repository" are due at the end of this month. Ash Hunter is now back in action on the project and Simon will follow up with him and David.

RenÚ reported that several APARSEN members will be taking part in a panel on "trust" at IPRES, along with Seamus Ross and Helen Tibbo (external experts), with Peter Doorn in the chair.

RenÚ wants to submit a proposal for a workshop on "sustainability" at IDCC (deadline 21 Sept!). Some WP leaders need chasing to see if they are willing and committed to taking part. Simon offered to help finalise the text of the proposal.

ACTION: RenÚ and Simon to finalise workshop proposal submission for IDCC.

Stream 2 Technical research

A MegaMeeting of WP21 will be held at 16:00 CEST on Tuesday 25 September.

Deliverable D26.1 "Report and strategy on annotation, reputation and data quality" is due at the end of the month. Simon will check the status with Christoph Bruch.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

No reports.

Stream 4 Spreading excellence

John Lindstr÷m is working on a list of important events where APARSEN ought to be represented. Veronika will send this to the Stream Leaders for their additions.

WPs 42 and 43 are still collecting input on training courses/activities for their respective deliverables.

The APARSEN brochure on trust is being printed and will be ready for distribution soon.

Veronika is trying to set up networking with other initiatives and projects. She is producing a package summarising what APARSEN can offer.

RenÚ reported that he has problems with the recording of the two webinars that have been held to date. One of them has a distracting mismatch between the sound and video, while the other seems not to play at all.

ACTION: David/Simon to investigate problem; all advice welcome on how to record in future.

Any other business

None.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-09-22

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-09-22 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback