Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 4th October 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Holger Brocks
  • Ash Hunter
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Federica Marangio
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Hans-Ulrich Heidbrink
  • William Kilbride
  • John Lindström
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Eefke Smit

Management update

Krystina Giaretta has given a final reminder to register for the APA conference. The early booking discount has been extended for another week but the hotel block bookings will be released on 6th October. The regsitration for the APARSEN All Hands Meeting and General Assembly meeting is a separate procedure done on the APARSEN wiki pages.

Simon reported that the PMB is considering the best way to proceed with revision of the DoW. In any case this will be a bottom-up procedure from work package level, and will be driven by the Year 2+ plans.

Simon also said that it is likely that these weekly general MegaMeetings will be reorganised to have a particular focus each week. There will probably be a general meeting once a month, but the weeks between would be dedicated to themes such as sustainability or one of the streams. The PMB is going to make a decision on this.

Stream 1 Integration

Hans-Ulrich Heidbrink reported that WP13 is considering a database structure for storing its information.

Ash Hunter gave an update on WP14. He is working hard on D14.1 and expects to have a version for internal review at the end of next week.

Simon reported that D16.1, the software repository, exists as a set of web pages on the APARSEN external website. He is writing a deliverable document to be submitted to the EC. There was a request for more information about what SCIDIP is doing on software and services.

Stream 2 Technical research

WP21 on preservation services is now collecting services on its wiki page and will hold another meeting next week to decide the next steps.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Simon reminded everyone of the call for cost data for WP32. The work package hopes to carry out some validation of cost models, and for this a base of data on preservation costs is required.

Stream 4 Spreading excellence

Veronika Praendl-Zika said that a successful workshop had been held in Vienna during the Open Access Days, organised by her and Christoph Bruch. There were 35 participants.

Holger Brocks reported that D42.1 is more or less on schedule. William Kilbride is worried that this deliverable might attract the same criticism from the reviewesr as D43.1, so it is important to have a good internal review. There are in fact several forthcoming deliverables that currently do not have internal reviewers assigned.

ACTION: Simon to organise internal reviews for D42.1 and other forthcoming deliverables.

Sharon McMeekin said that the required 40 non-English language training courses have now been obtained for D43.1. William would like this deliverable to be internally reviewed, but hopes to submit it before the main batch of deliverables for the next review.

Ash Hunter reported that Tessella is in contact with large pharmeceutical companies, particularly examining their needs for file formats. This could be extended later to cover persistent identifiers and metadata.

Work is continuing on the new website and it is hoped to launch the new version in time for the All Hands Meeting.

Federica Marangio is now working on social media for APARSEN.

Veronika is organising a virtual meeting of Stream 4 WPs on 17th October, to plan for the AHM and the next review. Veronika is concerned about clear identification of stakeholders and the links between the WPs in Stream 4.

There will be a public webinar on 16th October with the theme of Virtual Centres of Excellence.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-10-05

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-10-05 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback