Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 25th October 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Orit Edelstein
  • John Lindström
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Stefan Pröll
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • William Kilbride
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Jeffrey van der Hoeven
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Silvio Salza
  • Karlheinz Schmitt
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Federica Marangio

Management update

Simon reminded everyone of the deadline for sending the signed Form Cs to the EC by 6th November, and thanked those who had already sent their forms to him.

ACTION: All to send signed, dated and stamped Form Cs to Simon by 31st October.

It is very important to keep the record of effort booking on the management website up to date. At the moment there are many gaps, including some partners who have not booked anything in 2012. This makes it impossible to monitor the project at any level. Simon reminded everyone of the decision of the General Assembly in June: "At the time of preparation of the annual cost statements, which must include declarations of person-months, the coordinator proposes not to accept the costs of partners whose declared effort in the Form C does not tally with that entered in the management website over the course of the year, unless there is a clear justification for that situation."

It is acceptable to enter all WP bookings against an arbitrary task within a WP(rather than breaking down to task level accurately), and to record several persons' bookings against one name, if these simplifications are noted in the text field. The monitoring is done at the level of organisation-WP-month.

If it is really too difficult to enter the figures directly, it is acceptable to send them to Simon by email for him to enter. In any case the management website will be the definitive record.

ACTION: All to update effort bookings from January to September 2012 in the management website (or send email to Simon).

Revision of the WP texts of the DoW is now underway, along with requests for shifts of effort between WPs. WP leaders should make these edits preferably by 26th October and certainly by 31st. Yannis Tzitzikas suggested adding a row to the large table of effort shifts to indicate the final number of person-months per WP, as this might affect its scope if for example the effort is much reduced (which hopefully it will not be in most cases). Simon agreed to set this up for WP leaders to fill in.

ACTION: Simon to set up extra row for effort per WP, then WP leaders to fill in.

Yannis also said he is producing two different versions of his WP text, according to whether or not any additional effort is available from the Philips budget. This is a very good approach, and Simon encouraged all WP leaders to do the same.

Maurizio reminded everyone of the Year 2+ plan action plan. At the moment this is the basis for the revision of the WPs in the DoW. When the DoW is finalised, the action plan will continue to evolve as an expansion or refinement of the DoW.

Preparation for All Hands Meeting

ACTION: All to sign up for one or other of the two parallel sessions, on the wiki page.

ACTION: WP leaders in sustainability session to prepare very brief answers to the key questions listed on the wiki page for that session.

The Stream 1 + 4 session will not need any specific preparation, though Veronika/WIlliam will be asking individuals to assist with runnin the session.

Simon has sent an email, and William also mentioned the need to elect a new leader for Stream 3 now that Christoph Bruch and Hans Pfeiffenberger are stepping down. Willing candidates should identify themselves to Simon in advance of the GA meeting.

Stream 1 Integration

William asked about what material could be available about the VCoE to feed into the All Hands Meeting. Simon explained about the work and activities that have been going on relevant to the VCoE - but it does need to be pulled together for the deliverable. This was further discussed at the PMB meeting in the afternoon.

Stream 2 Technical research

Maurizio reported on the dedicated Stream 2 MegaMeeting held last week. He stressed the importance of the glossary for common terminology. It will also be important for APARSEN to have and implement a policy on preserving its own digital publications.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Christoph mentioned that WP36 has a concrete plan for achieving its deliverable at the end of this year.

Stream 4 Spreading Excellence

Veronika reported on the Spreading Excellence meeting last week, which defined success indicators for the next review. There was a discussion of the sustainability of various outputs after the end of the project (such as the interactive map); this links to the way that stakeholders are handled in APARSEN.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-10-25

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-10-25 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback