Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 15th November 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Ash Hunter
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Stefan Pröll
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Stefan Hein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • René van Horik
  • David Giaretta
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Jeffrey van der Hoeven
  • Federica Marangio
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Panos Georgiou

The focus of this meeting was following up the session on sustainability at the All Hands Meeting the week before.

Simon reminded everyone of the agreement at the All Hands Meeting to make a strong push to complete the M26 deliverables by that date, rather than postponing or dividing them in two. This will require contributions to several WPs from the user side, i.e. consultation with data holders in the large organisations in the project.

Patricia Herterich agreed to contact Jamie Shiers for some input from CERN/DPHEP.

In order to make a coordinated approach, it is necessary to assemble a few key questions from each WP.

ACTION: Simon to set up wiki page for the key questions that can be put to data holders, and other WP leaders to add their own questions.

WP21

Simon explained that he wishes to postpone D21.1 to M26 from M24. He will arrange a WP meeting soon.

A classification of services is needed. Jeffrey has been looking at the SCAPE view.

ACTION: Jeffrey to add SCAPE services to WP21 wiki page.

Ash Hunter asked what will VCoE customers recognise as the APARSEN contributions in this work. David explained that the VCoE will bring an overall view on techniques. The offering will be evidence of effectiveness for particular problems.

WP23

Jeffrey reported that a date for a meeting is being sought. More input is needed from partners not in the WP. It is unclear how to analyse the results: it will be necessary to do more than just assemble contributions from different partners. David suggested proposing a structure for the final deliverable so that we know what is missing.

WP36

Panos Georgiou reminded everyone of the need for feedback on D36.1. He will circulate the potential exemplar business cases to the whole list.

ACTION: All to review WP36 business cases and consider making contribution.

WP25

Yannis Tzitzikas reported that this WP is going well. Barbara Bazzanella has circulated a deliverable draft and is expectying comments. The deadline is 20th November, then the deliverable will be consolidated. There will be an almost final version by Christmas.

General discussion

Maurizio argued that preservation services shoould be related to cost models. Kirnn as leader of WP32 pointed out that this has not been the approach taken in WP32. If this is to be done, it will need to be part of the work towards the "integration" milestone. Simon suggested that there is time remaining (and probably effort) after the formal submission of the deliverable.

David pointed out that the sustainability topic brings these things together, and the working groups of WP11 (agreed at last week's meeting) could work on this kind of integration. He argued that the deliverables from different WPs should look broadly consistent. The integration could be demonstrated by a short document or brochuire (like the one for trust). If all deliverables are seen to be pushing in the same direction, it will help to compensate for possible thinness in any individual deliverable.

There was a suggestion to delay the M27 milestone for sustainability (not the deliverables), though this was not agreed.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-11-16

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-11-16 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback