Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 21th November 2012

Attendees:

  • Federica Marangio
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Jana Becker
  • John Lindstrom
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • William Kilbride
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Simon Lambert
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Daria Plankina
  • Ash Hunter
  • Rene van Horik
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Hans-Ulrich Heidbrink
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Thiessen
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Lieke Ploeger
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Chiara Cirinna
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Stefan Proell
  • Silvio Salza
  • David Giaretta

The focus of this meeting was following up the session on Stream 1 & 4 at the All Hands Meeting the week before.

WP round up

WP41

WK: WP41-42-are 43 closely linked.

JL: looking for more events to present APARSEN, and in the long-term it looks promising - increased interest in partners now results becoming available.

WK: what could WP41 offer VCoE?

JL: depends on recordings from workshops and conferences - could form a knowledge base discuss how to record such things for future reuse

WK: general point: preservation policy for own outputs

JL: professional production costs money

WK: this is a resourcing issue for PMB

fits into soc media strategy etc.

VPZ: need cost estimate here

WK: one-day workshop for TIMBUS recording cost €2000 for professional production

GJ: GLOBIT for long cooperates with one-and-the-same presentation recording and production company; good experience with established workflows and hand-over formats, however, the production team must travel to recording location; With the opposite approach, various local teams can record the presentation at low cost but post-production then requires far more planning and coordination

WK - envisage simple recording for WP43 - short segments rather than whole day has worked well for DPC

VPZ: have list of upcoming conferences but at review need good plan at which confs APARSEN will be present - e.g. LIBER conf, IPRES for workshops need to start planning now

JL: need view of strategic events where we need to be - propose workshop to decide on these

ML: crucial to prepare plan now - two strategies - basic events - also links w other projects to co-organise events WK - good, but follow up w JL and others

ACTION: JL to follow up as discussed above

WP42

Jana Becker - analysing data and content - map content to the topic areas deliverbable expected in next few weeks

WK: training platform - will we install Moodle for APARSEN?

GJ: Yes, and it will be hosted at GLOBIT - different from APARSEN website

WK: need sustainability plan for training materials

GJ: Assures that material will not be locked in

VPZ: can show anything at review?

GJ: It is a custom installation - waiting for web design to be ready

DG: so should have clear plan with responsibs for producing material

GJ: Have introduced categories in WP42 e.g. what is target group

VPZ: need WP42/43 call to take further

WP 43

Sharon McM - will be firming up roles and responibs in WP WK leading on D43.1 for resubmission - now finished - a few outstanding qns need intro to survey have not got internal reviewer - is another review necessary?

DG: could look at guidelines for reviewers, identify particulsar aspects to review e.g. DG from perspective of WP11 other aspects?

can we have D43.1 signed off before review? worth a try so not another review process WK - plea to look at appendix of report and look for any omissions - thanks to those who have already contributed

WP13

GJ: Has had meeting with Andreas - propose to structure standards in category system - application domains and what is actually standardised (file format, process, ...)

WK: some concern that Airbus not v active here HUH - talked to JYD this morning - there is activity DG - could put their earlier reports on wiki - they do record activity

ACTION: HUH to add reports from Airbus

for review could present outcome of D13.1

WK: this is good deliverable and is central to VCoE agreed

HUH: lost some partners from WP - so need decision on how to refill pm to substitute for PMB

WP14

AshH - is continuing writing of D14.1 - must finish soon at review: do we want to present it?

Decision needed on what to emphasize at the review meeting

WP16

Internal review D16.1 done by GJ - DG will take into account and finalise deliverable needs to be consistent with D14.1, common terminology etc.

for review: should have something nice to present

DG: note that WP16 says here is a place to put things - but need more material!

GJ: Likes that community can add entries and sustain, at end maybe WP42 could go that way - relevant to VCoE

DG: so need suggestions for what else to add, before review

WP15

can use resources for organising workshops on vision and VCoE - any other WPs could benefit?

contact Rene if so

WP12

WK: still a few tasks to complete

need to do short report for review

WP44

not discussed in Frasacti - good progress with social media thanks to FM

FM: need to write down strategy

website - want ideas of websites we like, and anything we don't like on current website

WK: TIMBUS website has had unaccountably great comments from the EC and project reviewers: http://timbusproject.net/

deadline end of today

newsletter - VPZ will discuss with RR timing of newsletter stakeholder database/int map

GJ: Will start setting up stakeholder db at least for T4470 interactive map; APARSEN partners will get opportunity to propose stakeholder types, relevant stakeholder attributes and relevant categorizations; T4470 will initially fill for interactive map

database will be for organisations individual contacts will not be public

WP45

webinars planned

VPZ will approach WP leads who will be involved

WP46

will merge w WP45

-- VeronikaPraendlZika - 2012-11-23

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-11-26 - GeraldJaeschke
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback