Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 31 January 2013

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Stefan Pröll
  • John Lindström
  • Holger Brocks
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • René van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Silvio Salza
  • Frederic Darre
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Ash Hunter
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Kirnn Kaur

Quick update on DoW revision, Year 2 reporting etc.

Simon completed the corrections suggested by Manuela and submitted the set of documents which make up the revision of the DoW.

While the contract amendment is being processed, the second year reporting cannot begin. Partners should therefore prepare their cost figures internally ready to enter into the online system once it becomes available. It is also necessary to make sure the effort reporting is complete for the second year.

ACTION: All to bring effort report in management website up to date for whole of 2012, by 15th Feb.

Review of Master Schedule

See Master schedule here

The schedule for this quarter are:

Activity EC Deliverables Spreading excellence Common vision VCoE
Q4/12, M22-24     - International conference presentations and workshops Checked checkbox
- Produce explicit plan for scheme for integration Checked checkbox - Initial workshops on VCoE creation Checked checkbox
Q1/13, M25 - 7 Jan Check distribution of person-months per partner and WP (all partners) Checked checkbox
- 7 Jan Final revision of text of WPs (WP leaders) Checked checkbox
- 7 Jan Monthly reports for December WP leaders) Checked checkbox
- 14 Jan Near-final version of DoW to PO Checked checkbox
- 15 Jan approx Identify internal reviewers of all deliverables to M26
- 17 Jan Informal workshop at IDCC in Amsterdam Checked checkbox
- 21 Jan Definitive person-month figures in management website or sent to SL (all partners)
- 21 Jan Draft of second year Periodic Report
- 31 Jan Submit formal Period 2 management report to PO and reviewers (STFC) (draft here
- 31 Jan Month 26 deliverables ready for internal review
- 31 Jan Monthly reports for January due (WP leaders)
- 31 Jan Prepare second year costs (all partners)
  - Outline sustainability
- Identify location and speakers for summer school
- Choose which existing training courses to use
- Trust chapters
- Webinar
- Targetted workshops to increase depth of penetration of ideas into individual organisations
- Workshop to define
Value Proposition, Customer Segments
with some ideas on
Revenue streams Checked checkbox
Q1/13, M26 - Preparations for review preparation meeting - battleplan drafted
- 28 Feb - Submit all deliverables to EC and reviewers

See here for status

D11.1,
D11.2,
D12.2,
D13.1,
D14.1,
D16.1,
D21.1,
D23.1,
D25.1,
D32.1,
D36.1,
D41.1,
D42.1,
D44.2
- Advertise summer school
- Prepare sustainability booklet
- Webinar
- Newsletter
- Targetted workshops to increase depth of penetration of ideas into individual organisations  
Q1/13, M27 - 1 March 2013 at DNB - Review preparation meeting (extended rehearsal) - final decisions on messages, review agenda, presenters and logistics see here
- 16 March Review presentations finalised
- 21/22 or 23/24 March - rehearsal
- 25/25 March Review
  - Plan for exam
- Webinar
- Targetted workshops to increase depth of penetration of ideas into individual organisations  

Of these in January

  • EC column ACTION by 10th Feb: the Periodic report needs half page input from WP leads with
      • brief reminder of why the WP is important
      • what has been achieved in year 2
      • how this is of use to the VCoE
  • Spreading Excellence column
    • The summer school preparations will happen later this quarter
    • The Sustainability outline will be expanded in Feb with the sustainability booklet. Note that the table in [[ApanWp41]WP41]] is the master table for seeing events and event reports
      • ACTION DG by mid Feb: put Sustainability w/s summary on the public wiki page together with presentations
    • ACTION (same time as deliverables): Deliverable editors - ensure there is a 1 page Exec Summary
  • Common vision column
    • Workshops within organisations will be later this quarter but plans should be made
  • VCOE column
    • Small workshop was held but needs more input
      • ACTION ALL by 15th Feb: Add bullet points to here

For February

  • EC column
    • ACTION DG by mid Feb : initial draft battle plan for the review for final agreemnet on 1st March
    • Deliverables - see next
  • * Spreading excellence column*
    • Sustainability booklet to be prepared from Executive Summaries so that we have this in time for the review.
    • Newsletter will be prepared including
      • Summary of Sustainability w/s
      • Info about PI in Florence

Forthcoming deliverables

The [ApanDeliverables][deliverables page]] has been updated to be consistent with the revised DoW and so should be the one Internal reviewers are still needed for several deliverables (see ApanDeliverables). Volunteers should sign up on that page or email Simon.

ACTION: All to consider volunteering to be internal reviewer for one of the forthcoming deliverables, by 31st January.

D11.1 Report on development of Common Vision of Digital Preservation – progress to Y2

  • Needs writing up based on material such as workshop in Brussels last June and integration work
  • No internal reviewer named

D11.2 Report on the blueprint of the Virtual Centre of Excellence – progress to Y2

  • Needs writing up based on material such as workshop in Amsterdam in January
  • No internal reviewer named

D12.2 Report on lessons learned from exchange activity preparations

  • Prepared by DPC

D13.1 Report about standardisation activities – progress to Y2

  • The deliverable document will describe the data model and how the database has been created.
  • Holger is working on a brief update to the interim version.
  • ACTION WP13 plus DG by mid Feb: review plans for putting WP13 database on public website
  • No internal reviewer named

D14.1 Report on testing environments

  • Expanded draft just circulated; probably further revisions before internal review

D16.1 Software repository

  • Ready for submission

D21.1 Design of preservation services (now: Overview of preservation services)

  • Much material exists but needs intensive work over coming weeks
  • Simon to arrange a WP meeting

D23.1 Storage solutions summary of inputs

  • In internal review

D25.1 Interoperability objectives and approaches

  • In internal review

D32.1 Report on cost parameters for digital repositories

  • Initial draft exists, to be discussed at meeting later today
  • Draft for review mid-Feb

D36.1 Business preparedness report

  • Ready for internal review

D41.1 Workshops summary report – progress to Y2

  • Draft will be ready 3rd Feb
  • No internal reviewer named

D42.1 Report on existing initiatives and curricula regarding digital long term preservation

  • Will be ready by end of the week
  • VP-Z will do review around 10th Feb

D44.2 Annual report on communication activities – progress to Y2

  • Awaiting submission to EC

Any other issues

  • DG suggested that Maurizio provides comments to the RDA PI working group and perhaps becomes involved. - see RDA forum
Topic revision: r1 - 2013-01-31 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback