Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 14 February 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Emanuele Bellini
  • Daria Plankina
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Holger Brocks
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Stefan Pröll
  • Jeffrey van der Hoeven
  • William Kilbride
  • René van Horik
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Eefke Smit
  • Frederic Darre
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Chiara Cirinna
  • Ash Hunter

Update on DoW revision, Year 2 reporting, preparation for review etc.

The final text of the revised DoW is now agreed with the Project Officer, and the next step is for Simon/David to input it into the online system. The PO asked for a check of which deliverables should be marked as public; currently all are, but clearly some such as dissemination reports should really be for internal and EC consumption only. Simon will adjust accordingly.

Year 2 reporting:

ACTION: All to check their reported person-months for Year 2 as per Simon's email of 13 February.

ACTION: WP leaders to upload WP reports to http://aparsen.digitalpreservation.eu/bin/view/Main/ApanSecondYearReporting by Friday 15 Feb. These reports should relate to the new DoW, and should cover the second year plus an extra paragraph on M24-M26.

The review agenda has been agreed with Manuela Speiser and Simon is contacting possible additional presenters. Not every WP leader will need to be present.

Following up actions from last week

Actions carried forward from last week:

ACTION: David to update tasks in management website to reflect new DoW.

ACTION: David by mid Feb to put sustainability workshop summary on the public wiki page together with presentations.

ACTION: All to add bullet points to summary of workshop on VCoE held in Amsterdam; but the link given was wrong, so ACTION: Simon to check where the summary is on the wiki.

ACTION: PMB/Stream 4 team to check timetable for production of sustainability booklet.

Update on deliverables

Simon reminded everyone producing deliverables to please use the latest version of the APARSEN deliverable template, available at http://aparsen.digitalpreservation.eu/bin/view/Main/ApanDeliverables.

  • D11.1 Report on development of common vision of digital preservation: progress to Year 2: Simon is writing as report on activities to M26 (workshop in Brussels, panel sessions at conferences, etc.).
  • D11.2 Report on the blueprint of the Virtual Centre of Excellence: progress to Year 2: Simon is writing as for D11.1.
  • D13.1 Report about standardisation activities: progress to Year 2: Holger explained that the deliverable will be a database accompanied by a short document explaining its structure and content; it is almost ready.
  • D14.1 Report on testing environments: internal review done by René
  • D16.1 Software repository: ready for submission to EC
  • D21.1 Overview of preservation services: Simon has this in draft and will be arranging a WP meeting next week to discuss.
  • D23.1 Storage solutions summary of inputs: has been internally reviewed, updates and additions in progress
  • D25.1 Interoperability objectives and approaches: awaiting internal review by Simon
  • D32.1 Report on cost parameters for digital repositories: ready for internal review by Heikki.
  • D36.1 Business preparedness report: under internal review.
  • D41.1 Event planning and summary report: progress to Year 2: ready for internal review
  • D42.1 Report on existing initiatives and curricula regarding digital long term preservation: ready for internal review by Veronika
  • D44.2 Annual report on communication activities: progress to Year 2: ready for submission to EC

Any other issues

There will be an APARSEN webinar on Friday 15 February on persistent identifiers.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-02-15

Topic revision: r1 - 2013-02-15 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback