Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 21 February 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Stefan Pröll
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Holger Brocks
  • Marcel Ras
  • John Lindström
  • Frederic Darre
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Ash Hunter
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Andreas Hundsdörfer
  • René van Horik
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Juha Lehtonen

Any follow-up from last week's meeting, including issues with deliverables

The link to the summary of the internal workshop on the VCoE held in Amsterdam is http://aparsen.digitalpreservation.eu/bin/view/Main/ApanVCoE20130117. Additions and comments are welcome.

Concerning deliverables, David asked about D13.1. Andreas reported that this is a database in Open Office Base. However an accompanying document will be needed to submit to the EC and reviewers. Andreas and David will discuss how to give access to the database to the reviewers, and for the future how to make it publicly accessible. Andreas noted that the project has three different approaches in this area: WP13, WP16 (list of tools) and Stream 4 (list of events).

Ash confirmed that D14.1 was internally reviewed by René van Horik and he is putting the finishing touches now.

Actions carried forward from last week:

ACTION: David to update tasks in management website to reflect new DoW.

ACTION: David to put sustainability workshop summary on the public wiki page together with presentations.

ACTION: PMB/Stream 4 team to check timetable for production of sustainability booklet.

Year 2 reporting: what is still needed

Some WP reports for Year 2 (with extension to M26) are still missing, as are some effort figures in the management website. Simon is contacting the partners concerned.

Review preparation: what is needed from WP leaders

Simon explained that as well as general presentations by the coordinators and PMB members, each of the four topics will be presented by a pair of people, covering the relevant WPs in the topic. The agenda, agreed with the PO, is now on the wiki at ApanReviewMar2013.

WP leaders must prepare a contribution to the slides for their topic; a template will be distributed in the next few days, along with a timetable.

ACTION: WP leaders to prepare slides for review meeting, when template and timetable available.

Planning beyond M26, especially the next round of deliverables and Y3+ plan

Simon reminded everyone that a further set of deliverables is forthcoming from M30. These are:

  • D23.2 Storage solutions analysis report (M30) = end June
  • D25.2 Interoperability strategies (M33)
  • D27.1 Recommendations about scalability (M31)
  • D32.2 Report on testing of cost models and further analysis of cost parameters (M30)
  • D36.2 Exemplar Business cases for each of the Stakeholder Groups ( M30)
  • D44.3 Interactive map of stakeholders in digital preservation (M30)

It is also time to revisit the Year 3+ plan; the PMB will decide on the approach to this.

In terms of detailed scheduling of high-level activities (not individual WPs), the masterplan shows a schedule for EC reporting, deliverables, spreading excellence, common vision, VCoE. David said that this needs involvement from all the research WPs. It is very useful as a monitoring tool but he is concerned that we are already falling behind schedule.

ACTION: All to examine masterplan and edit as needed.

The next APARSEN webinar in March

The webinar last Friday on persistent identifiers was a great success. Now Eefke Smit is thinking to organise another webinar in March and is seeking suitable subjects. Suggestions included:

  • WP14 testing environment (and its evidence base)
  • WP21 preservation services
  • WP32 cost models

Any other issues

René noted that the project is supposed to produce podcasts/videos as part of its outreach activities. He would like good examples and suggestions of how to approach this. David suggested simply conducting a short interview with Peter Doorn or Juan Bicarregui or anyone senior and slightly removed form the project.

ACTION: All to suggest good examples of videos/podcasts, or successful approaches.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-02-22

Topic revision: r1 - 2013-02-22 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback