Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 11 April 2013

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Marcel Ras
  • Stefan Proell
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Frederic Darre
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Herve L’Hours
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Kirnn Kaur

Apologies

John Lindstrom and the RTU team.

Follow-up from last week’s meeting

ACTIONS:

1. Fill in the key personnel months on the Wiki page – FTK, Helmholtz, BL, DANS, ICT, Airbus, INMARK and SBA. This has been requested and is required by the EU.

2. Costs – DG will contact Simon and the PO and ask for information. [DG contacted PO - she hopes to be able to open NEF soon]

3. Validating publications – There is a page on the Wiki where we should provide information about publications.

ACTION PMB to follow up on ICT 2013 – This will be discussed at the PMB this afternoon. [Discussed at PMB and action taken]

4. SL and KG to follow up on the Sustainability brochure – KK said they had a meeting about this and all the work packages relating to Sustainability, who have only provided preliminary findings as the final reports are not due until Month 30. It has therefore been decided to wait until the final deliverables before producing the brochure and not do any work on this until that time, as it will impact on the style and design of the publication

Review of the Master Schedule

This was printed and shown to the reviewers. KK to send slides of what they presented at the Review to KG in case some of the elements can be used for the production of the Sustainability brochure. KK suggested having a plan where key people can present workshops to their various organisations on the latest developments on the project i.e. an APARSEN ROAD SHOW. DG suggested doing this in terms of country location rather than each organisation to keep travelling costs down and reduce the time constraints on the presenters. KK volunteered to take the lead on this. KK suggested holding the first one in London on the second day of the APARSEN meeting – the afternoon of the 16 May, immediately after the GA meeting, thereby keeping costs down by utilising the meeting space already reserved.

ACTION KK and VP-Z to draft a proposal for the Road Show session to follow on after the GA meeting in London and use this as a template for further road show meetings. KG suggested videoing this session and putting it on the web site. DG suggested this may also be used for training purposes.

SMcM said they are putting together the first training programme and this could be incorporated. They will also need to think about preparing an exam and SMcM will give this some further thought. She is also in the process of organising the Advanced Practitioners Course in Glasgow in July and also working on the Trust Workshop/Training session in Dublin.

Update on forthcoming VcoE Workshop 15 April and AH/GA meeting 5-16 May 2013

All details, in terms of logistics, have been sent out to the Group by KG and the Agenda is currently being formulated for the AH/GA meeting. SL has placed a page on the Wiki and asked everyone to fill in details so we can track attendance etc.

Validating Publications produced by APARSEN

VP-Z will send out a reminder. There is a complete lists of publications in D44.2 and this will be added to throughout the project.

APARSEN at iPres and ICT 2013

VP-Z said we have to discuss which topics will be discussed at the iPRES workshop and also need to think about what kind of workshop this should be i.e. panel sessions etc. and the same for ICT 2013. There is a special subject on networking activities and we need to discuss which other projects we want to include in the session there. DG said that the SCIDIP-ES project would very interested in taking part.

ACTION This should be discussed at this afternoon’s PMB meeting and report back to the whole group at the next mega meeting.

DG suggested that we could also bring the Road Shows to iPRES. VP-Z said that there will be time constraints so it may not be ideal and suggested that JL should follow up on this following the outcome of the PMB meeting.

ACTION JL to follow up on possible Road Show at iPRES, following the decision by the PMB.

Sabine talked to KK about a joint APARSEN/4C meeting on cost modelling and iPRES would be a good venue to make this visible and an opportunity to showcase the APARSEN results. The 4C project finishes about the same time as the VcoE launches.

ACTION JL. RvH and KK to report back on these proposals.

Stream 1 Integration

WK was not available.

Stream 2 Technical research

ML said they are carrying on their activities to promote the use of the Glossary and starting work on the Year 3 Action Plan with regard to WP22 and will be arranging a Skype meeting. No other news at present.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

SS reported that the work on cost modeling is continuing and will be discussed at a mega meeting following this meeting.

WP36 – business case interviews are being conducted and encourages everyone involved in this work package to start interview activities. If anyone has any problems with this, please let Ruben Riestra know and he will provide assistance.

WP35 – A kick-off mega meeting has been arranged for today to start this work package. Juha Lehtonen said they have created a preliminary Roadmap and collected some useful documents for this work package. KK asked if there are any links to the WP36 business cases that could provide a link to the two work packages 35 & 36. DG will look to see if there are any relevant links on the RDA web site and will put a pointer to them.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

VP-advised that they had had a Spreading Excellence’ meeting on Tuesday and a discussion was held about stakeholders, who are they and how do we want to approach them. There is a need to form a stakeholder group to discuss in more detail how we approach all the stakeholder issues. VP-Z advised that they will form this Stakeholder Group after the VcoE workshop on Monday and put forward the names of people from the project who should be part of this group and to come up with some strategies. The second newsletter has been distributed and VP-Z would like to encourage everyone to circulate this to all their lists. VP-Z has produced a letter to accompany the newsletter and will circulate this to everyone after the meeting. The web site should be finalised very soon and the last steps should be completed at the meeting next week.

DG said that, at the Common Vision Workshop, they had named people but there have been various suggestions that we should re-think that. They will discuss this at the PMB and send out a doodle with a broader invitation. We need to make sure that we have members from different stakeholder communities. [Doodle poll send out]

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2013-04-11

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-04-17 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback