Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 18 April 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • John Lindstrom
  • Stefan Proell
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Frederic Darre
  • Herve L’Hours
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Ash Hunter
  • Emanuele Bellini
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Holger Brocks

Follow-up from last week’s meeting

PENDING ACTIONS:

  • ICT 2013 taking place in November in Vilnius – the deadline for submitting an Expression of Interest is the end of this month and the PMB discussed this last week and produced an outline called ‘Support for Long Term Use of Europe’s Digital Capital’.
  • Sustainability Brochure – it was decided, at last week’s meeting, to put a hold on this until the deliverables are submitted in Month 30.
  • All Hands & GA meetings – the Wiki pages have been created about these two meetings and KG has circulated information about venue and the accommodation. The first day will be the All Hands Meeting and the morning of the second day will be the GA Meeting – half day. There is then the possibility of following up with an APARSEN Road Show, although this may not take place in Greenwich but at the British Library – this will be confirmed shortly.

ACTION: All to sign up for the AHM/GA and add your name to both lists whether you are attending or not so that we can monitor the numbers for logistic purposes; also make sure you book your accommodation using the links and information sent by KG. There are 20 rooms at the De Vere Devonport, where the meeting is being held and a further 20 rooms at the IBIS hotel nearby. The agenda will be following shortly.

  • APARSEN at iPRES in Lisbon, September. RvH has sent out an e-mail asking who will be attending and in what capacity.

ACTION: All to reply to RvH advising him about your attendance at iPRES.

Report on VCoE Workshop held in Amsterdam on 15 April

VP-Z reported that they used the agenda and documents prepared by SL, although he was unable to attend. There was a general discussion covering all the difference aspects of the VCoE and will circulate the minutes after they are reviewed by the workshop attendees. One conclusion is that they have to provide services and information of a high quality. It was agreed that the VCoE would not be able to provide all the answers to the questions and services and therefore they would have to engage with other organisations, and the costs for the VCoE have to be low. They also discussed how the APA business model would represent the VCoE and how this will link together.

ACTION: VP-Z to send out the report from the VCoE Workshop to all the APARSEN members as soon as this has been reviewed by the workshop group.

Management Matters

Contract Amendment

This has been done and the PO should have received this by now, ready to be signed by the Head of Unit. As soon as the contract is signed, the on-line cost claim system NEF can be opened for the second year and the figures can then be entered.

ACTION: SL to advise everyone when this is done and the NEF is ready for costs to be entered.

SL is contacting individual partners about completing the second year report.

Review of the Master Schedule

The schedule layout is not ideal and SL would like to hear from anyone who can suggest a better layout style. It is very important that this schedule is constantly updated to reflect the current position at all times.

Stream 1 Integration

The review of D14.1 – SL is still waiting for the written review report and the PO said she hoped to have this available at the end of last week, but it did not arrive. Until we have the written report, we do not really know what is expected, particularly in relation to the three deliverables that were previously rejected until further work is done. We should aim to re-submit these three deliverables in Month 30 – end of June, if possible. Holger Brocks said this was not really feasible for D42.1 as community consultation was explicitly asked for which needs some time.

We need to follow up on the Common Vision methodology, which has to be submitted by the end of April – this will be discussed at the PMB this afternoon.

Stream 2 Technical research

ML did not have major updates but said there is activity in WP23 to produce a second deliverable and this is in progress.

WP22 – trying to re-organise the action plan following the review comments.

WP21 – SL will set up a follow-up meeting to plan for a re-submission of the deliverable. SL also asked about the questionnaire for the various Stream 2 WP’s 21, 23 and 27.

ACTION: Stream 2 partners: the questionnaire is ready for circulation and this should be done now .

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

WP32 – SL advised that the cost modeling is proceeding with the weekly meetings working towards the second deliverable.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

VP-Z reported that the Communication Plan is under revision and we know about the iPRES and ICT 2013 events. RvH and JL discussed the presence of APARSEN at iPRES and the possibilities i.e. panel, workshop, posters etc. As previously advised, RvH sent out an e-mail to the group requesting input from the members.

SL asked about the new web design. GJ advised that they are awaiting the technical implementation of the new web site and that the agency should be working on this.

ACTION: KG to follow up with the agency on the implementation of the website.

SL also said we should have a good status update on all the deliverables due in Month 30. The PO expects to see the deliverables on the due date and therefore they must be submitted to her before the last week in June. WE HAVE TO MEET THE DEADLINE as there no leeway on this date.

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-04-19 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback