Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 4 April 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Frederic Darre
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Ash Hunter
  • William Kilbride
  • René van Horik
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • John Lindström
  • Eefke Smit
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Lieke Ploege
  • Emanuele Bellini
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Christoph Bruch

Follow-up from last week's meeting

Simon has uploaded to ApanReviewMar2013 all the final versions of the presentations from the review, including the snapshots of the master schedule and risk register that were shown to the reviewers, plus notes taken during the review meeting.

Concerning the request for a description of the methodology for achieving the common vision, a MegaMeeting will be arranged within a day or two for PMB members, others who were present at the review, and the WP11 working group.

Update on forthcoming workshop (15th April) and AHM/GA (15th-16th May)

The workshop on the VCoE (which will probably also cover aspects of the common vision) is now confirmed for 15th April at a hotel at Schiphol airport, Amsterdam. Krystina Giaretta will circulate information to those who indicated in the Doodle poll that they were likely to attend.

The All Hands Meeting anf General Assembly are also confirmed for 15th-16th May (with the GA meeting on 16th) in London. The venue is still to be decided.

Other management matters

Simon reported that he is finalising the second year Periodic Report with some revisions requested by the Project Officer.

ACTION: All to fill in person-months for "key personnel" at ApanSecondYearKeyPersonnel if not yet done.

Regarding the contract amendment, the EC needs one last formal letter from STFC and it will then be approved.

ACTION: Simon to ask Project Officer when NEF session can be opened for entry of costs, and when the written review report can be expected.

Validating publications produced by APARSEN

The EC has requested an update of publications produced by APARSEN in 2012 and for "validation" of some reported in 2011. Simon is clarifying with the EC how this "validation" can be done.

All partners should continue to enter details of publications on the wiki at ApanWP44PubRecord.

APARSEN at iPRES (Lisbon, September) and ICT 2013 (Vilnius, November)

iPRES and ICT 2013 are important events for APARSEN to be represented. John Lindstrom believes that APARSEN should submit at least one workshop proposal for iPRES, and asked for ideas. A panel session on "accurate representation information" is already to be proposed. Further coordination for this event will be done by the WP44 team.

For ICT 2013, a cooperative approach with other projects (SCIDIP/EUDAT) would be desirable to show we are working together and make the proposal more likely to be accepted. A networking session lasts 45 mins to one hour. We will need to decide on which projects to approach, and the content e.g. usability.

ACTION: PMB to follow up ICT 2013 event.

Any other issues

Krystina Giaretta reminded the sustainability WP leaders of the need to produce a brochure like the one for trust.

ACTION: Simon and Krystina to follow up sustainability brochure.

Kirrn asked who is responsible for topic integration, as we do not have topic leaders. The PMB should consider this process. Simon pointed out that it is closely linked to the development of the common vision.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-04-05

Topic revision: r1 - 2013-04-05 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback