Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 2 May 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • John Lindstrom
  • Stefan Proell
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Herve L’Hours
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Ash Hunter
  • Emanuele Bellini
  • Andrea Della Vecchia
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Holger Brocks
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Lieke Ploeger
  • Sharon McMeekin

Follow-up from last week’s meeting and review of actions

SL advised the group that the written review report with the recommendations has been received and is on the wiki.The PMB will discuss this further in their meeting this afternoon.

The action schedule has been reinstated by DG and, like the master schedule; it is only useful if it is kept updated. It is very important that the actions are updated and/or closed as they are completed – please pay attention to this and use it.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers   WPxx : Ensure your actions are updated or, if completed, that they are closed. edit

  • Everyone should sign up to the All Hands and General Assembly meetings on the Wiki.
  • The notes from the VcoE meeting in Amsterdam are available on the Wiki along with the notes on Common Vision.
  • The Methodology document for the common vision has to be completed by the 15 May.
  • DG is looking for a date when SCIDIP-ES can be presented as this is important in the way it links into the APARSEN project.

SL also asked about the Roadshow being organised by KK. Kirnn reported that the Spreading Excellence team will now lead on this and incorporate this into the overall programme; therefore it is not taking place after the GA meeting on the 16 May, as originally planned.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert, VeronikaPraendlZika 2013-05-09 WP44 : Follow up with VP-Z about the incorporation of the roadshow into the overall Spreading Excellence programme. 2013-10-10 DavidGiaretta   edit

The Master Schedule

The Master Schedule needs to be updated and constantly reviewed. DG suggested transferring items from the previous months to another page.

All Hands and GA Meetings

Please ensure you look at the agenda for the All Hands Meeting – one of the large aMmounts of time is for the Workshop on ‘Remembering the Future’, an approach used in Brussels last June. Both the AH and GA now have an agenda with timings on the respective Wiki pages.

Management Matters

Contract Amendment

The Year 2 reporting is dependent on the contract amendments. As soon as the amendments have been signed, the Year 2 reporting can be completed. When the NEF system is open, please ensure you enter your figures so have them ready.

Risk Register

One of the reviewers’ recommendations relates to this and we need to ensure this is regularly updated and pay attention to key issues.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2013-05-09 WP51 : Add a slot in the AH/GA meetings for RiskRegister 2013-08-22 SimonLambert   edit
.

Stream 1 Integration

The main issues are Common Vision and VcoE and there has been a lot of activity on these recently. DG suggested a mega meeting on Common Vision fairly soon and we can talk at the All Hands meeting about the travel budgets and how we can find a way of allocating more funds for face to face meetings on this subject. SL suggested the workshop on ‘Remembering the Future’ may help with the Common Vision/VcoE. The related topic is the Methodology on the Common Vision, which needs to be submitted to the Project Officer by the 15 May. Good progress has been made and some amendments made to the draft.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert, DavidGiaretta 2013-05-09 WP11 : Consultation with external parties is included in the recommendations from the PO so we need to ensure that we follow up on this. We will need to ensure there is a written response to the PO in the next couple of months. 2013-08-14 SimonLambert   edit

Ash Hunter reported on deliverable 14.1. The recommendation is to implement test environments. AH asked for suggestions on how we can address this. DG said that, in the revised DOW, we describe what we have done. We need to look at the revised DOW as DG believes that we did describe the work done in the deliverable. DG suggests:

1. We look at the DOW, read the deliverable and, if there is something that we are not committed to and that the reviewers have just assumed, then we should inform the PO. 2. We should strengthen anything that is opinionated by providing evidence.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
AshHunter, DavidGiaretta 2013-05-09 WP14 : DG and AH will take this offline and re-read the DOW and deliverable and construct a response to the PO if we think the reviewers’ comments are incorrect. Suggest a day for a telecom. 2013-06-03 SimonLambert   edit

Stream 2 Technical research

Maurizio Lunghi reported to the group. WP23 is going to launch with a questionnaire about the terminology related to the glossary and this will be done in conjunction with WP21 and the future activity of WP22.

ML would like to propose WP22 participants to work with him on a proposal to iPRES. ML has spoken with John Lindstrom about a proposal for a workshop as a follow-up on the workshop they did in Florence, inviting representatives from different projects and initiatives to coordinate and work together on this workshop.

SL reported on WP21 – they are holding a meeting this afternoon to consider the review report and how to improve the deliverable and add to it during the rest of the project.

ML invited Andrea della Vecchia to talk about WP23 but he was unable to get a good connection. SL suggested providing a fuller report at next week’s meeting.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Sabine Schrimpf reported the deliverables WP32 and WP36 have been approved; contingent on some minor revisions and the WP’s will be working on this. The reviewers asked to pay more attention to the benefit of data collection and not just the costs.

WP36 – SS is not aware of any recent meetings but she is aware that interviews are currently on-going and the reviewers requested clarification of the existing analysis about the register of people who answered the survey - will need to look at these issues. KK said they do not agree with what has been said in the review, but will now look at the benefits as requested and will address what they have said but in a limited way. They have a meeting later today to discuss this. Interviews are being scheduled but need to arrange a meeting to discuss this urgently.

WP41 – work is proceeding according to plan. There was a deadline requesting partner’s case studies and most of them have been completed. They are starting the analysis and drawing conclusions for a wider survey.

WP35 – has just started and two mega meetings have been held and a WP road map exists. They are also working on a questionnaire to perform a survey on habits and use of data governance. Juha said they are currently working on desktop research issues and planning a questionnaire. They will try to organise a face to face meeting in London.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

The ICT 2013 deadline was extended and this is with Ruben Riestra. VP-Z will contact EUDAT on participation at their conference. JL is preparing for the LIBER conference and proposals for iPRES and this will consist of a panel and a workshop – the deadline is 19 May. Sabine is also drafting a proposal for a joint VcoE APARSEN workshop on the cost benefits. SS will send this to the mailing list in the next couple of days. SL said we should ensure everyone knows that the workshops are being organised.

WP42 – Holger Brocks said that the recommendations from the review differ to the ones they discussed after the review meeting. They plan to set up another input round from the consortium and set up the process for accommodating contributions on the web site. DG said the re-design of the web site was not supposed to include this database – this was not in the work that the web designers were engaged to do. We will need to talk to them about this.

Sharon McMeekin reported on training events. The registrations for the Trust event are going well, mostly in the UK. The summer school will be advertised tomorrow and we need to push this as widely as possible. SMcM asked everyone to circulate the details once they are available.

KK said we should add Month 30 deliverables to the Risk Register.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2013-05-08

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r11 - 2014-03-13 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback