Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 23 May 2013


  • Simon Lambert
  • Silvio Salza
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Holger Brocks
  • Andreas Hundsdörfer
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Frederic Darre
  • Ash Hunter
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Stefan Pröll
  • John Lindström
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Yannis Tzitzikas

Follow-up from previous meeting and review of actions

The minutes/notes of last week's face-to-face All Hands Meeting and General Assembly in London are being written and will be available soon. Simon has put a transcription of the output of the "Remembering the Future" workshop on the wiki, though it still needs some completion.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-06-03" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-23" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-24" state="closed" uid="000143" who="Main.TWikiUsers" }% WP52 : upload slides from AHM in London to wiki %ENDACTION%

Simon reminded everyone of the action to examine the glossary that has been developed, as this is an important part of the common vision.

Simon urged everyone to respond to the Doodle polls for the next workshop/virtual meeting on the VCoE and common vision - he had circulated a reminder this morning.

Review of master schedule

The methodology document on the common vision that was sent to the Project Officer has implications for the schedule. The urgent tasks are development of scenarios and integration of the topics "trust" and "sustainability".

Internal reviewers will be needed for the forthcoming deliverables.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-05-25" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-23" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-31" state="closed" uid="000144" who="Main.SimonLambert" }% WP51 : extend deliverable table on wiki to include forthcoming deliverables %ENDACTION%

%ACTION{ closed="2013-07-03" closer="" created="2013-05-23" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-31" notify="" state="closed" uid="000145" who="Main.TWikiUsers" }% WP51 : consider volunteering to act as internal reviewer for deliverables %ENDACTION%

Management update

Simon hopes that the contract amendment will be signed very soon. He belieces that the EC now has all the papers required from STFC.

Report on activities within streams, any issues arising

Stream 1 Integration

Kirnn asked about planning for the integration task in WP11, specifically who is leading the inetgration of particular topics, how it will happen in detail and when. Simon observed that we have an idea of what integration means, and the common vision methodology defines when each stage must be done, but he agreed there is a need for more detail about the process. It was agreed that the PMB will formulate a specific plan for integration.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-09-18" closer="" created="2013-05-23" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-24" notify="" state="closed" uid="000146" who="Main.DavidGiaretta, SimonLambert, MaurizioLunghi, SabineSchrimpf, VeronikaPraendlZika" }% WP52 : produce specific plan for integration of topics %ENDACTION%

Ash Hunter reported that he is writing a response from WP14 to the review comments, to be included in the reply that Simon must send to the PO.

Stream 2 Technical research

Simon reported that some contributions have been received to complete deliverable D21.1, and he will arrange a MegaMeeting soon to review progress.

In WP22, material is being prepared for the second round of evaluating the model by external experts, which will take place in June.

Some concerns were expressed about the management and approach of WP23. ESA is insisting on the deadlines in their plan even though only one contribution has been sent so far (by Silvio Salza). Silvio believes that the approach of having each contributing partner make their own analysis is wrong, and the analysis should be better integrated. This issue will be followed up by the PMB.

Yannis reported that WP25 is progressing well, and work is continuing on a prototype as proof-of-concept. A first version of the deliverable will be available in about one month.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

For WP31, Veronika reported on a meeting held yesterday. Case studies, mainly from libraries, will lead to a survey to distribute to the whole consortium. Maurizio suggested planning to contact other projects in the area. He also stressted the importance of sharing common terminology particularly in the DRM area.

Kirnn reported that WP32 is focussing on three different activities: benefits analysis, finalising the cost parameter mapping, and testing. Testing is taking longer so it might be necessary to reduce the scope.

Kirnn also reported that in WP36 interviews are going on for success stories, and a new template has been created for presenting these.

In WP35 there is steady progress and "no drama".

Stream 4 Spreading Excellence

In WP41 preparation is under way for iPRES, aiming for two workshops and a panel session. The LIBER conference is also being prepared. The reviewers asked for better evaluation of the worth of such activities - perhaps feedback sheets.

Holger said that D42.1 is progressing, looking at leads sent by Daniel Teruggi for France. He will also ask Olivier Rouchon for other suggestions. As well as revising the deliverable, an internal workshop will be arranged to discuss curricula.

There is a high interest in the WP43 training courses in Dublin (53 registrations) and Glasgow (31 registrations). Sharon is organising the programme.

Veronika is updating the communications plan for WP44 this week. The general project Powerpoint presentation has been updated. There is a question whether the topic booklets should reflect integration or just be for dissemination purposes - the Spreading Excellence group will discuss this. Veronika has talked to Gerald about recordings of all our activities, and how to get good quality recordings on webinars/workhops/training.

The next webinar (WP45) has been set for 13 June.

Any other issues


-- SimonLambert - 2013-05-23

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2013-09-18 - SimonLambert
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback