Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 30 May 2013


  • Simon Lambert
  • Silvio Salza
  • John Lindstr÷m
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • RenÚ van Horik
  • Chiara Cirinna
  • Juha Lehtonen

Follow-up from previous meeting and review of actions

The minutes of the General Assembly meeting on 16th May are now on the wiki GA minutes on wiki at APANGeneralAssembly201305Minutes. Any amendments should be sent to Simon by email. The notes of the AHM are in draft and Simon is editing them.

Simon reminded everyone of the actions to examine the glossary, which has an important role in underpinning the common vision, and to volunteer as internal reviewers of forthcoming deliverables. The table of deliverables at ApanDeliverables is now extended to M36. RenÚ pointed out that it would be easier to comment and edit the glossary if it were on the wiki, rather than the external website.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-07-03" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-30" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-06-05" state="closed" uid="000153" who="Main.DavidGiaretta, SimonLambert" }% WP11 : put glossary on wiki for ease of comment/editing %ENDACTION%

Review of master schedule

We are broadly on track with the master schedule, apart from the "roadshows", which need to be followed up by the PMB.

Management update

The online NEF system is now open for entry of Year 2 costs, and all partners hould do this by 10th June. It is important to enter the required level of detail as justification:

  • for personnel costs, number of person-months by grade of staff and by WP
  • for travel costs, the location, dates, who attended and the reason

The person-months should be consistent with the second year Periodic Report

%ACTION{ closed="2013-06-03" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-30" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-31" state="closed" uid="000154" who="Main.SimonLambert" }% WP51 : upload latest spreadsheet of person-months to wiki %ENDACTION%

Report on activities within streams, any issues arising

As there were few people attending, there was a general discussion rather than stream by stream.

Simon reported that a MegaMeeting on the common vision took place yesterday that focussed on scenarios and integration across WPs. All WPs will need to provide some information in due course.

A face-to-face meeting on the VCoE is planned for 21st June at STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. It will continue with the business modelling work begun in earlier workshops.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-06-26" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-30" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-05-31" state="closed" uid="000155" who="Main.TWikiUsers" }% WP11 : let Simon know by email if you will attend the VCoE workshop on 21st June %ENDACTION%

There is now a wiki page ApanCoopOtherProjs for indicating what other projects we should be engaging with and how. This will help to satisfy the reviewers' requests for more external interaction. Maurizio stressed that the intended cooperation should be as specific as possible: joint working groups, joint panel sessions, sharing deliverables, .... A draft cooperation agreement is in preparation.

Simon reported that a WP21 meeting took place yesterday and there is an action plan for completion of D21.1.

RenÚ has submitted a proposal to iPRES for a panel session submitted. If accepted, we will need to decide exactly who will sit on the panel.

Holger has requested by email additional information on national courses/curricula needed for revision of D42.1. It is important that everyone should try to help here to imrpove the coverage of the deliverable.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-07-03" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-05-30" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-06-05" state="closed" uid="000156" who="Main.TWikiUsers" }% WP42 : look at email from Holger Brocks 27th May and inform of anything missing %ENDACTION%

-- SimonLambert - 2013-05-30

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2013-07-03 - SimonLambert
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback