Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 13 June 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Lieke Ploeger
  • Herve L’Hours
  • Ash Hunter
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Holger Brocks
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Stefan Proell
  • Susan Reilly
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Silvio Salza
  • John Lindstrom
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Sharon McMeekin

Follow-up from last week’s meeting and review of actions

SL went through the action list. There is an ongoing action to examine and comment on the glossary. DG said that the version of the Glossary to look at is the public one on the external website (http://www.alliancepermanentaccess.org/index.php/knowledge-base/dpglossary/) and, once the new web site has been completed (end of this month), it will be possible to edit by registered users.

The response to the Project Officer about deliverables and Recommendation 5 – SL was in touch with the Project Officer about the response to the deliverables. There are three deliverables where we wish to make comments about the reviewers’ remarks: D14.1, D32.1 and D44.2. She would like these to be sent to her with the responses to Recommendation 5.

The VCoE workshop is not taking place at STFC but at The Hilton Heathrow Airport hotel in order to reduce travelling time and costs, allowing participants to fly in and out the same day. AH will not be able to attend but will send a colleague in his place. KG will send the details to AH to pass on to his colleague.

Management Matters

Entry of Cost Claims for Year 2 SL had a quick look at the NEF system and only 13-14 partners have finalised their entries.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2013-05-15 WP51 : Everyone should submit their 2nd year costs ASAP. SL will be chasing up individual partners. 2013-08-07 SimonLambert   edit

Silvio asked about the NEF system and whether he should specify his effort at WP level or task level. SL said that everyone should report at WP level, within the "explanation of use of resources" in NEF.

The new acting leader for Stream 1 is now confirmed as Matthias Hemmje, who will be officially appointed at the next GA meeting.

Stream 1 Integration

The main activities are the Common Vision and VCoE. The forthcoming VCoE workshop will be continuing the work on the business model started in the previous workshops.

Common Vision SL to follow up the state of the actions, following the last WP MegaMeeting with a particular need to follow up on scenarios. With regard to Integration, the PMB is producing a questionnaire on the results of findings of the work package and, as previously reported, the Common Vision methodology has already been sent to the PO. DG said that, as we firm up the plans for the VCoE, this should also help with the Common Vision elements.

Stream 2 Technical research

WP21 – SL will be doing further work on this work package in the next week and chasing up as necessary to ensure revision of the deliverable.

WP25 – Yannis would like to create cooperation between WP25 and WP22 to define their specific case of interoperability strategies and will have the first results before the end of July. WP25.2 draft is available on the Wiki. YT would like to see more participation from other members of WP25 who have not been very active.

WP23 – Silvio has been looking at the draft of the second part of the deliverable. It includes three reports from ESA, CINI and one from Germany, and another one will be coming from KB. The only thing missing is the conclusions, which should be written by ESA.

ML felt we should ask why some of the partners are constantly missing from the weekly MegaMeetings.

Barbara Bazzanella reported on their activities and that they are in a good position with WP25. FORTH are working on the prototype and discussed with DANS the possibility of proposing key use cases and see how the prototype can be implemented in a real environment with contributions from WP22, proposing a use case showing how all partners in WP25 are active. She was also concerned about the partners who do not take part in the work package MegaMeetings.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Sabine advised that the Webinar on sustainability and cost models for digital preservation will take place later today. In terms of deliverables, WP32 is being finalised and WP36 is busy collecting interviews and Panos is still waiting for feedback from WP participants. Sabine asked all work package partners to complete their outstanding actions and input to the WP.

WP31 is progressing according to schedule, though there is also an issue with partners who are not active at all.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2013-05-15 WP51 The PMB will take action with those partners who do not show up to WP meetings. 2013-07-03 SimonLambert   edit

WP35 – There was a meeting schedule at the end of May and the work is progressing.

WP32 – KK has an external reviewer, Neil Grindley, but no internal reviewer has volunteered. KK expressed her disappointment that we appear to generate more interest outside the project than we do inside, with the lack of interest from internal volunteers to review deliverables.

Stream 4 Sustainable uptake

  • VP-Z said that they have formed a group working on the outcomes
  • They will have audio recordings of all the events
  • The workshop for both the LIBER and iPRES conferences is in progress
  • Please send her an e-mail about any forthcoming events
  • Have not heard from ICT2013 whether the proposal has been accepted – should get acknowledgement in July or later.

WP42 – Holger advised that the update for D42.1 will be sent by the end of June. Inmark has done the translations of material in Spanish. An internal workshop by WP42.1 will be organised for the LIBER conference.

WP43 – SMcM said the training event in Dublin went well and generated a lot of Twitter traffic on the day, and they are looking to develop a few more things for the training portal out of the topics on that day. Preparations for the Glasgow event in July are going well and she will be in touch with APARSEN partners shortly about this.

WP44 – VP-Z, together with SMcM, has updated the Communications Plan according to the new DOW and has put this up on the Wiki and urged all partners to look at it. She has also prepared an outreach toolkit that is available to all partners to support all our communication activities. There are also some sample emails to announce events etc. You can also contact Chiara if you want to post your events. We need responsible people at the APARSEN events and Chiara will try and nominate people as soon as she knows there is an event taking place. The time schedule for the newsletters is now fixed. VP-Z asked all the people who are organising events to document the details. JL has prepared a feedback sheet for everyone to use for all the events they attend.

Any other business

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2013-06-14

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2013-08-07 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback