Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 4 July 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Holger Brocks
  • Silvio Salza
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Barbara Sierman
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Chiara Cirinna

Apologies: David Giaretta, Ash Hunter, Gerald Jäschke, René van Horik, Sharon McMeekin, William Kilbride.

Management update

Cost claims for Year 2

Simon has been checking the cost claims entered and requesting further detail where this seemed to be necessary. Hopefully this will mean fewer queries from the EC when the cost claims are submitted. A number of partners have persistent problems in using NEF and have sent their figures by email to Simon - this is why some partners are marked as "Not started" in NEF.

Simon aims to submit the full set of cost claims and Periodic Report by the end of next week.

Follow-up from submission of M30 deliverables

All the M30 deliverables were submitted on time (see ApanDeliverables), apart from D36.2 "Exemplar business cases for each of the stakeholder groups" which is to be submitted at the end of July. This is to allow further input from a number of events held in July.

The finalisation of the deliverables ran right up to the last moment, which meant that most were not submitted for internal reviews. Simon apologised to the volunteers for internal reviews. In future it will be necessary to plan the completion of deliverables more closely.

The response to the review report and commitments for us

A reply has also been sent to the Project Officer formally responding to her letter accompanying the review report (at ApanReviewMar2013). The letter includes a statement about how we will deal with Recommendation 5 about obtaining contributions from wider communities (beyond APARSEN itself). This involves all partners, especially WP leaders and those responsible for deliverables.

In future we have committed to taking three actions at WP level:

  • External (as well as internal) reviewers for individual deliverables
  • Distribution of future surveys outside the consortium
  • WPs to make contact with specific projects in their area

Report on activities within streams, any issues arising

Stream 1 Integration

Simon reported that the notes of the last VCoE workshop held on 21 June are still being completed by those present and will be distributed soon. Work on integration has yet to establish momentum; the PMB will need to examine this to make sure that we do not fall behind our plan.

Stream 2 Technical research

Deliverable D27.1 "Recommendations about scalability" is due at M31.

%ACTION{ closed="2013-08-07" closer="Main.SimonLambert" created="2013-07-04" creator="Main.SimonLambert" due="2013-07-05" state="closed" uid="000170" who="Main.SimonLambert" }% WP27 : check status of D27.1 with IBM %ENDACTION%

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Sabine reported that WP32 and WP36 submitted (or resumbitted) deliverables at M30 (though D36.2 has been postponed by one month).

There was a joint worksshop with LIBER including a presentation on cost models, and Panos Georgiou presented the survey on preparedness of research libraries. Susan Reilly has written a report which we hope can be circulated within the APARSEN consortium.

WP31 and WP35 are ongoing and are holding meetings.

Stream 4 Spreading Excellence

This was Veronika Praendl-Zika's last meeting for APARSEN. She reported that a Spreading Excellence meeting took place last week. Yesterday there was an editorial board meeting that discussed upcoming dissemination material and how to align it. Ruben Riestra is to prepare a communication strategy.

After Veronika's departure, ONB will appoint a new WP44 lead by September at the latest. Meanwhile her colleagues Max Kaiser and Sven Schlarb are the contacts at ONB.

Any other issues

Holger asked about APARSEN's relations with Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation. WP42 is looking at opportunities to align their work on formal qualifications with ours. We might be asked at the next review whether we are collaborating with them; and APARSEN perhaps should be visible at their conference.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-07-04

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-08-07 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback