Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 26 September 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Holger Brocks
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • John Lindström
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Marcel Ras
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • CERN
  • René van Horik
  • Ash Hunter
  • Eefke Smit
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Someone from ONB
  • Sabine Schrimpf

Follow-up from previous meeting, review of actions and master schedule

A reminder to register for the AHM and GA meetings in Den Haag in December at the wiki page APANAllHands201312, and to make travel arrangements and hotel bookings. Information on hotels is available on the page.

Kirnn has proposed a meeting of the website working group on Friday 6th December, after the APARSEN meetings, and Simon confirmed it. Marcel will find a suitable meeting room at the KB.

Also a reminder to send the signed Form Cs (for the second year) as soon as possible to Simon.

Management update

Nothing else to add.

Report on activities within streams, any issues arising

Stream 1 Integration

The major integration activity is the production of the first formal version of the common vision, based on inputs requested from WPs and all partners. These inputs are neing collected on the wiki page CommonVisionContribsSep2013. Around ten WPs have sent responses, but some are missing (even if a few like WP42 and WP43 do not need to contribute in the same way, as they are concerned with general issues rather than particular blocks of the vision). This is an opportunity to influence the common vision, and Simon urged all partners, and especially WP leaders, to contribute.

It is likely that from next week an additional MegaMeeting on Thursday at 12:30 CET will be established to progress the common vision/integration.

Holger Brocks reported that he is contact with Tom Heritage of Presto about cooperation on the standards database.

Stream 2 Technical research

Deliverable D25.2 "Interoperability strategies" is about to be submitted. Yannis will send the final version later today.

Maurizio reported that WP22 is progressing after the workshop at iPRES. He noted that there has been little integration between Stream 2 WPs, and wishes to encourage this.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

The deadline for completing the surveys for WP31 and WP35 has been extended to 14th October. The links are at http://tiny.cc/aparsen-drm and http://tiny.cc/aparsen-data-policies.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2013-09-14 WP31/35 : complete survey questionnaires for WP31/WP35 2013-10-30 SimonLambert   edit

Stream 4 Spreading excellence

John Lindström is assembling reports from recent events and looking for ideas for future events. There will probably be a planning meeting at the end of October.

In WP42, Holgerhas been in discussions with Sharon and William (DPC). There will probably be an event for training/qualifications in the UK at the end of November. Holger has also talked to John Lindström about specification and development of APARSEN curricula. Finally GLOBIT has provided a basic version of the online training portal to explore the functionality.

Any other issues

Ash Hunter reported that there has been a recent update to DROID which now includes five formats related to equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. The signature files were derived from work of Tessella with pharmaceutical companies. This is an output of APARSEN, even if not a formal deliverable, and should be publicised as such.

There was also interest in Tessella's presentation at iPRES on scalability of web archives. This too should be promoted within the context of APARSEN.

Eefke is organising more webinars. The next will be on interoperability, with Yannis playing a leading role. Eefke said that we need two non-APARSEN speakers as before. She has someone from RDA/EUDAT, and Yannis will suggest another person. Eefke will set up a Doodle poll for the date.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-09-26

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-10-30 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback