Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 17 October 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Stefan Proell
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Ash Hunter
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Silvio Salza
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • John Lindstrom
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Rene van Horik
  • Manuela Holzmayer
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Holger Brocks
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Andreas Hundsdorfer

Follow-up from Previous Meeting and Review of Actions

Management Update

SL reminded everyone again about registering for the All Hands and GA meeting in December, the agenda is on the Wiki and it follows the agenda of the review with some additional items. Please make your travel arrangements and sign up on the wiki page - please ensure there is at least one person from each of the APARSEN partners for the All Hands meeting.

The next review meeting will take place on 13 Feb 2014 at DNB in Frankfurt. It will last one day, with two days preparation beforehand. The PMB will identify partners who should attend.

Form C's - there are only three outstanding. SL has been in contact with these partners and they are on their way.

The risk register needs to be kept up to date and it is something the reviewers noted and we need to pay attention to this. We are asking WP leaders to add risks relevant to their work packages.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers   WP52 : WP leaders to update the risk register on a regular basis. 2013-12-12 edit

Another request is for collaboration with other projects. The PMB is asking all partners to suggest collaborations so that we can have a consistent view and follow up where necessary.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2013-10-31 WP45 : WP leaders to add to the list of possible external collaborations relevant to their WP 2013-12-12 edit

Stream 1 Integration

We are introducing an additional MegaMeeting that will focus on the development of the Common Vision and this will take place directly after the regular Thursday morning meeting and all WP leaders should attend.

The Sustainability brochure is being put together and the text will be submitted to the designers in the next few days.

In the context of WP13, Andreas Hundsdorfer updated the group about a promising collaboration with PrestoCentre. Andreas asked about a non-disclosure agreement. Holger feels we should at least have a collaboration agreement as PrestoCentre will want to make money out it through services and tools, as they are doing something similar, so we need to come up with a strategy and set general guidelines. The PMB will look at the latest version of the collaboration agreement and send it to Holger.

David said that we need to move from an Open Office database to mySQL for the web site. Holger confirmed that they have a student to do the migration and it should be done in the next couple of weeks.

Stream 2 Technical Research

The reviewers said that, even though it has been delivered, D21.1 should continue to be updated - this is the deliverable on preservation services and this can be done under the scope of WP11. SL will be asking partners to have a look at this deliverable and look at additional services that they are aware of that can be added so that we can submit a revised version in time for the review.

WP22 - ML said that WP27 and WP25 have submitted their deliverables a well as WP23. He would like to invite WP leaders for W25, W27 and W21 to fill in the table for possible collaboration with other projecvts. He asked SL to pursue the agreement with the SCAPE project.

Yannis asked whether it would be appropriate to book effort on a WP once it has completed. SL aid that once the WP is finished, it is better not to book any work to this WP. It is probably appropriate to use that effort for the sort of activities Yannis describes under WP11. DG suggested that this effort should be booked to WP11 on the management web site and make a note of what the work was done for.

DG suggested an agreement with EarthCube in parallel with SCIDIP-ES. ML suggested formal cooperation agreements depending on the nature of the work, DG and SL agreed that this would be extremely useful. ML said that for Stream 2 WP22 has informed everybody that they have two workshops, one in Florence and one in Lisbon, with a written form of cooperation. WP27 will establish a formal cooperation with SCAPE with regard to scalability.

Stefan Proell presented at a "big data" conference and they are trying to establish a working group with the RDA. DG asked Stefan to make sure this is recorded in WP41 on the Wiki page to include in the dissemination reports. DG said we need to put in a table of presentations and outcome reports and what our inputs into the conferences are, rather than just listing the conferences.

Stream 3 - Economic & Legal Research

Sabine reported that WP31 and WP35 are in the final phase and their survey with contributions both from within and outside the APARSEN project. Draft deliverables will be presented at the AHM.

Stream 4 - Spreading Excellence

SL reported that there was a meeting yesterday about the planning for a training event on Sustainabiity in December at the KB, shortly after the All Hands and GA meetings. We have a target number of attendees but also a minimum number to make it a reasonable undertaking.

Gerald is doing a good job setting up an on-line training portal to be used in WP42 and WP43 to collect the training materials under formal qualifications. GJ will make a list of opportunities for formal qualifications and wondered whether the project management team has set up the review recommendations 5 and 7 to accommodate contributions from outside. GJ asked if there was an official line about this? It was suggested that maybe Gerald and Andreas should define something and present this. DG said it will have to be people who are registered who can put up standards etc. Holger said it might be easier if we have a general strategy rather than solving it at WP level. The PMB will consider this.

SL advised the group that a date for the 2014 APA Conference has been set at 22-23 October 2014 in Brussels. This will showcase the final results of the APARSEN project. John Lindstrom advised that there are plans for a meeting on the 11 October - he will liaise directly with KG.

Any other business

SL asked for volunteers as internal reviewers and asked everyone to look at the Wiki to see the details and register their name. If there are no volunteers, he will nominate people.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2013-10-24 WP52 : volunteer for internal reviews of forthcoming deliverables 2013-12-11 SimonLambert   edit

-- SimonLambert - 2013-10-23

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2013-12-12 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback