Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 7 November 2013

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Daria Plankina
  • Diana Pasquariello
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Elisabeth Weigl
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Manuela Holzmayer
  • CERN team
  • Holger Brocks
  • Andreas Hundsdörfer
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Maite Braud
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Silvio Salza
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Juha Lehtonen

Simon welcomed two new members of the APARSEN project team: Diana Pasquariello (ESA) and Maité Braud (Tessella, replacing Ash Hunter).

Follow-up from previous meeting, review of actions and master schedule

Volunteers are still encouraged to be internal reviewers of the M36 deliverables. Please sign up at ApanDeliverables. Simon will also start nominating people.

Management update

Effort reporting (person-months)

Some partners are continuing to record their effort month-by-month in the management website. Thanks to those who do that! However not all partners find it possible or convenient. The General Assembly decided at its meeting in May to introduce mandatory quarterly effort reporting. Simon will circulate a template for reporting quarterly effort for the first three quarters of 2013 and an estimate for the last quarter. All partners should complete this, unless they already keep the management website up to date. It is important to have accurate figures for person-months to present at the review.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2013-11-30 WP51 : fill in quarterly effort reporting template when circulated by Simon 2013-12-11 SimonLambert   edit

Cooperation with other projects

There is now a template for a cooperation agreement between APARSEN and other projects/initiatives, and a letter for making contact (which could also serve as a lightweight agreement) on the wiki at ApanCoopOtherProjs.

At the EUDAT conference last week, contact was made with EUDAT and DCH-RP and we expect to formalise agreements with them. All partners should add to the lists of possible or actual collaborations at ApanCoopOtherProjs and follow up. Maurizio urged not to hesitate to duplicate entries, even if possible cooperation is mentioned under another WP, as we need good coverage.

The risk register at ApanRiskRegister should be kept up to date by WP leaders. WP-level risks are at the bottom of the page.

Report on activities within streams, any issues arising

Stream 1 Integration

The most important current activity for the common vision is for all partners to commit to improving one or more sections of the draft deliverable to enhance the coherence of the vision. There is a table at CommonVisionSectionAssignment to sign up for this.

Within the document, the separate tables of issues, assets and gaps should be brought together into a single table under each heading.

David and Ruben are working on the VCoE deliverable D11.4 This will be based on the business plan, and include the offerings of services for the VCoE proposed by most partners. Krystina Giaretta will be chasing those partners who have not responded.

For WP13, Holger reported that a migration path is under development to allow publishing of regular dumps of the database. This is also compatible with what Globit is providing for the online training portal. Furthermore, a meeting is scheduled with Presto Centre on Friday next week.

Stream 2 Technical research

Simon will soon ask for updates to D21.1 on preservation services. He made contact with someone from DCH-RP at the EUDAT conference and learnt about their registry of services, which could be a useful input.

Maurizio that in WP22 they are very near to finalising the persistent identifier demonstrator, and will then extend involvement to external people.

Stream 3 Economic and legal research

Sabine reported that WP35 has a timetable and expects the deliverable to be ready on time, with a first version mid-November for internal review. The situation is similar in WP31. The two closed WPs will contribute to the sustainability training event (see below).

Stream 4 Spreading excellence

An APARSEN webinar will take place on Friday (tomorrow) at 15:00 CET on interoperability and intelligibility - see APANWebinarInteroperability20131108. Anyone may join the webinar.

Plans for the sustainability training event, 10-11 December in Den Haag, are well under way. Sharon said that advertising of the event in in progress and encouraged everyone to make final publicity. The programme is being developed and will comprise an introduction, four sessions of 2½ hours and a wrap-up.

Krystina reported that she expects to have the first concepts/proof of the sustainability brochure by tomorrow and will circulate to the group involved for comment. The brochure should be available for the training event.

David has circulated a request for volunteers to help create "training pills", short introductions to the whole range of APARSEN's work. Sharon said there will be a meeting next week to understand what is practicable within the effort constraints.

All partners should make contributions to the WP41 and WP44 annual reports.

Holger reported that in WP42 there will be a workshop next week with stakeholders in formal qualifications. He will also attend an event hosted by DPC on 29 November.

Any other issues

Maurizio asked about the special topics at these weekly MegaMeetings that were introduced for a while but have not continued. It was agreed that these are valuable and make the meetings more interesting and varied, and they should be reintroduced.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-11-07

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-12-11 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback