Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 27 February 2014

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Stefan Pröll
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Yannis Kargakis
  • Barbara Sierman
  • Holger Brocks
  • Manuela Holzmayer
  • Eefke Smit
  • CERN team
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Diana Pasquariello
  • Daria Sas
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • René van Horik
  • Maurizio Lunghi

Finalisation of Year 3 reporting

Simon is aiming to submit all the completed Form Cs and the revised Periodic Report for the third year in the online system within a few days. The next step is that the EC will check the cost claims and probably come back with some queries; when these are resolved, Simon will be sent a final set of Form Cs that everyone must sign and that he will return to the EC so that payment can be made.

Of course the person who signs the Form C must be the one named on the form. Any partner can in fact change the name of their own authorised signatory for the Form C.

Any issues concerning Streams

Stream 1 Integration (WP11, WP13, WP16)

David reported on progress with the VCoE. Several events are being organised. The soft launch will take place in March; there is a link from the public website. There is a draft agenda but it needs refining, and the task force/working group should discuss this. The event involves several other projects.

Next week there is an APARSEN-EGI community workshop. The agenda for this is also being finalised. It is a good opportunity to interact with the many communities of EGI.

Matthias Hemmje is taking a strong lead and looking at the marketplace for the VCoE.

David will have a meeting with Kirnn Kaur tomorrow about urgent tasks for creating the "training pills" plus some more in-depth training material for the soft launch.

Stream 2 Technical research (WP22)

Maurizio has sent a proposal for work in Year 4 in WP22 to those involved. A conference call will be organised. Maurizio suggested that effort could be transferred from elsewhere; however David pointed out that this must be agreed within the project as a whole, and the main focus is on the VCoE.

Stream 3 Non-technical research - no active WPs

No report.

Stream 4 Spreading excellence (WP4n)

Eefke gave information about the forthcoming webinar on digital rights management on 10 March. She is also preparing the following webinar on storage solutions. Jeffery van der Hoeven and Silvio Salza will speak. David will contact Jamie Shiers (CERN/DPHEP), and Diana from ESA indicated that ESA would be willing to be involved.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
EefkeSmit 2014-03-14 WP45 : choose date and confirm speakers for webinar on storage solutions 2014-04-09 SimonLambert   edit

Daria is working on the workshop proposal for the TPDL conference. She would also like those who participated in the conference in Delhi to provide feedback on the form she has produced.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DianaPasquariello 2014-02-28 WP41 : circulate form for feedback on conferences attended 2014-05-08 SimonLambert   edit

Manuela asked for support with publicity through social media. She has received some updates to the introductory PowerPoint presentation on the project and is producing a new version.

Any other issues

Eefke asked about deliverable D45.2, and what this should contain. It is due at M40. She, David and Simon had a discussion following the meeting.

-- SimonLambert - 2014-02-27

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2014-05-08 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback