Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 26 June 2014

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Andreas Hundsdörfer
  • Josefine Nordling
  • Manuela Holzmayer
  • Holger Brocks
  • Orit Edelstein
  • CERN team
  • Yannis Karkagis
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Gerald Jäschke
  • Silvio Salza
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • René van Horik
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Stefan Pröll

This week a new agenda was introduced, organised not around the streams but around the plan for activities in Year 4 and the establishment of the VCoE.

Management update

The contract amendment to formally remove IKI-RAS is under way with the EC. Once this is complete, the cost claim session will be reopened and the Year 3 payments will be made.

Activities for Year 4 and setting up the VCoE

Training events and training material

The main focus at the monet is the summer school in Vienna on 7-11 July.

Sharon reported that the number of registrations has been disappointing, with only five confirmed. Everyone should keep up the promotion of the summer school. If we can reach 10 attendees, that would be a reasonable number - though it will go ahead even with fewer people.

Kirnn is coordinating the actions to prepare for the summer school and had sent an email summary to Simon.

  • Presentations and exercises: all those completed should be uploaded to the wiki page WP43Modules.
  • Presenters: please update the wiki page with attendance dates and register yourself for the course on the APA/APARSEN website: http://bit.ly/1gWdQzs
  • Information pack: drafted, Sharon McMeekin and Manuela Holzmayer to review and update, Sharon to distribute to participants.
  • Participants survey: completed by René van Horik, to be distributed by Sharon.
  • Catering details: action with Sharon.
  • APA folders posted to Manuela

Market research

Inmark is conducting the market research exercise. Simon will ask for an update at today's PMB meeting.

Website and other communication/promotion activities

Manuela Holzmayer is trying to organise a meeting to follow up the face-to-face meeting in London. This is necessary to make changes in the website to be ready for the launch in October.

The webinar on persistent identifier interoperability took place yesterday and was a success, with around 45 persons joining. All the presentations were recorded. Maurizio reported that it confirmed the validity of the APARSEN interoperability approach. Now it is important to understand how to proceed in fuuture.

Manuela urged everyone to forward information about APARSEN events to mailing lists and social media.

VCoE offerings: services, tools, consultancy

David confirmed that next week Krystina will send out a survey on what offerings will be made available from partners to ther VCoE.

Preparation for VCoE launch

Nothing new to report.

Future organisation of these meetings

In future it is proposed that work on the Year 4 activities will be done by a number of "tiger teams" with specific themes (such as training). These would be dedicated teams holding their own meetings. David is producing a wiki page listing these teams with proposed participants, and relating them to the timetable of activities. Then we will be looking for additional volunteers!

David explained that this work is a continuation of earlier activities using a different mechanism. We have had "tiger teams" working in the past - now the aim is to bring things together and be consistent with the Y4 plan.

David will send an email pointing at the page and seeking volunteers.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2014-06-27 WP51 : set up wikii page with Year 4 plan and tiger teams to implement it 2014-07-02 SimonLambert   edit

This Thursday morning meeting will serve as a general update and will be held less frequently, perhaps every two weeks or maybe once a month in the summer. But please keep it in calendars. This meeting will be held next week to check progress in setting up the tiger teams.

Any other issues

None

-- SimonLambert - 2014-06-26

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2014-07-02 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback