Notes on APARSEN Mega Meeting Thursday 4 August 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Darya Plankina
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Barbara Sierman
  • Herve LHours
  • Susan Riley
  • Max Wilkinson
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Holger Brocks
  • Silvio Salza
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maaike Rietrae
  • Angela Fogarolli

Review of Notes from previous meeting

Notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of Actions

DG reviewed the oustanding actions and asked everyone to ensure they complete theirs. The new Action Tracker will make it easier for everyone to update the status of their actions. ACTION DG Will send out invitations to Ross King and Kimmo Koski of CSC

Administrative Matters

  • Contracts: No changes to report
  • Consortium Agreement: The latest version of the CA has been checked internally at STFC and will be circulated to everyone very shortly.
  • Effort Reporting: Please continue to fill in your effort reports on the management web site.
  • Distribution of Funds: Completed
  • External Advisory Committee: No change

Upcoming Deliverables

Internal deliverables ID1101 and ID3601 - these will help with producing the actual deliverables.

Working Practices

DG reiterated the importance of including DG and SL in all individual WP e-mail circulations so that they can decide what needs to be distributed more widely.

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

Prepare on ID1101

WP13 Coordination of common standards

WP14 - Common testing environments

DG said there is a document on WP14 which proposes how we can map the landscapes on different techniques. ACTION ALL Please add details of other projects and how they relate to APARSEN.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

DG advised that anyone can edit the action list by following the 'Action Tracker' information. RvH sent an e-mail to DG about how the face to face meeting at the APA conference can be connected to a number of work package workshops. DG pointed out that the draft agenda for the meeting on the 10 November requested ideas for the agenda. ACTION RvH To add an action to the list for everyone to add information on the management web site. ALL Please let DG have ideas for the All Hands Meeting agenda on the 10 November at the APA conference

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

Angela Fogarolli reported that the goal of the survey they circulated to all the partners is to understand how they were managing digital objects in their respective organisations and the problems and issues that are important to them. The first analysis was done and, based on this, it was decided to look at the interoperability framework. The document was produced outlining some basic scenarios and it was noticed that there was already a problem about defining the scope of the framework itself. They decided to write some user case scenarios based on the main topics i.e. citability measurements and authenticity and hope to receive a lot of feedback and, as a result, the document may well end up being re-written. It is anticipated this will be completed by the end of August/beginning of September. ACTION ALL DG uploaded the document on the Wiki in WP22 - everyone to take a look at this and add their input.

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

Silvio Salza reported that this deliverable is due in Month 14 but they intend to complete this before that date. They will post the outline on the Wiki in order to get some feedback from the partners - they are especially interested in 'best practice' about handling authenticity and would like to solicit more involvement with partners directly involved in WP24. SS will send out a message tomorrow with an outline of their proposal on the Wiki.

WP26 Annotation, reputation and data quality

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

DG reported that the final version of the standard will be sent to ISO for publication very shortly and will then send the audit reports to the individual repositories summarising the findings.

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events and WP45 Liaison with other stakeholders

Darya advised that they are still working on the document. RvH asked if she was aware of how to access the management web site. DG contacted her after the meeting to run through the process of accessing this.

WP45 - Liaison with other stakeholders

Begins in Month 7.

WP46 - International liaison

No-one available to report on this WP.

WP43 - Training Courses

Sharon McMeekin reported that preparations are in hand and will be contacting participants shortly.

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

Any other topics

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2011-08-03

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2011-08-04

Topic revision: r1 - 2011-08-04 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback