Notes on APARSEN Mega Meeting Thursday 18 August 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Stefan Proell
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Alex Wade
  • Max Wilkinson
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • John Lindstrom
  • Ash Hunter
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Holger Brocks
  • Maaike Rietrae
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Angela Schaefer
  • Eefke Smit
  • Angela Fogarolli
  • Rene van Horik
  • Susan Riley
  • Veronika PraendlZika

Review of Notes from previous meeting

Notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of Actions

Please ensure you complete your actions by the dates specified. Sharon McMeekin placed an action under WP43 and will put a link to the initiation document on the Wiki as requested by DG. ACTION: ALL - Everyone to complete their outstanding actions by the specified dates. ALL - REMINDER : Take a look at the WP22 and WP24 reports and respond and, if you have not already done so, ensure you put in information on your respective ogranisation's digital preservation plans under WP11 and in WP14 provide scenarios and comments. SMcM - will put a link to the WP43 initiation document on the Wiki

Administrative Matters

  • Contracts: There is a pending action to make a revision to the contract to take account of the withdrawal of Philips. This is on-going and no action from the partners is required. It will result in a revised contract and re-distribution of responsibilities.
  • Consortium Agreement: SL has received feedback from a couple of partners on the latest draft of the CA. DG advised the group that it is hoped that IBM would now be able to sign the revised CAand re-join the project. SM asked if the deadline could be extended because of the holiday period, to ensure CERN have an opportunity to sign the agreement.
ACTION: ALL - Partners should examine and make comment on the latest draft of the CA, which has been posted on the Wiki. The deadline for this is 9 September but SL will ensure CERN have an opportunity to sign before submitting to the EU. SL to put a link to the 'comments page' for the CA.
  • Effort Reporting: Please continue to fill in your effort reports on the management web site.
  • Distribution of Funds: No change
  • External Advisory Committee - No changes to report

Upcoming Deliverables

ID3601 - The date for this internal deliverable has been changed to allow extra time for compltetion. DG advised that he can create an account for anyone who requires additional administrative functions.

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

DG needs to create a document, which is a collection of the research documents and reminded everyone about the deadline.

WP13 – Coordination of common standards

WP14 - Common testing environments

Ash Hunter sent out an e-mail to ask everyone for their contributions and provide useful information for their digital preservation strategies.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

Rene van Horik circulated a proposal for a panel to exchange the results on the research parts of APARSEN aligned with the communicaton packages at the All Hands meeting in London. Rene asked everyone to look at this and comment on the proposed arrangements. Veronika suggested parallel sessions but DG confirmed there were no plans for splinter meetings. ACTION: ALL - Look at the arrangements proposed by RvH for the All Hands meeting in London and comment - E-mail to DG or place your comments on the Wiki.

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

Angela Fogarolli reported that they are carrying out more detailed analysis on the results of the questionnaires and further work will carried out in September after the holiday period.

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

WP26 – Annotation, reputation and data quality

Angela Schaefer reported that the survey has been sent through 'Survey Monkey' and they will start working on the results for the deadline on the 9 September.

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

Angela Schaefer said a lot of good information has been received and the report should be produced in early September and will give a presentation about the results at the APA conference. DG advised that both the standards have passed the ISO reviews and steps are currently being taken to get them published as full ISO standards. DG will speak on the European Framework for Audit and Certification at the conference.

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events and WP45 – Liaison with other stakeholders

There is a conference section on the management web site and everyone is encouraged to put details of any conferences and workshops they are involved in.

WP45 - Liaison with other stakeholders

ACTION: On-going action for ES and DG to discuss this WP and put details on the Wiki.

WP43 - Training courses

Sharon McMeekin sent out a doodle poll to the partners to arrange a date for the kick-off meeting and placed the first draft of the initiating document on the Wiki with an action for ALL partners to comment.

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

Veronika PraendlZika advised that the kick-off meeting date of 30 August has been agreed and would like to discuss how to discuss: 1. How to organise the Communication Plan 2. The different tasks in this WP 3. Confirm the partners who will take over these tasks 4. Finalise the Work Plan 5. VPK asked if other WP's should be included in the Communication Plan.

WP46 - International liaison

Any other topics

DG reiterated the importance of completing all the actions. DG is unable to attend the meeting next week and SL will chair in DG's absence.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2011-08-18

Topic revision: r1 - 2011-08-18 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback