Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 15 September 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Darya Plankina
  • Emmanuele Bellini
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Heikki Helin
  • Mariella Guercio
  • Silvio Salza
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Holger Brocks
  • Dalit Noar
  • Stefan Kraus
  • Rene van Horik
  • Angela Fogarolli
  • Yannis Tzitzikas

Apologies

Apologies received from Simon Lambert, Ash Hunter Angela Schaefer

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of actions

All the actions were covered under their respective work packages.

WP33 - should now be closed

WP45 - on-going

WP24 - close this action

Administrative matters

  • Consortium Agreement: The CA is now with STFC legal department. There were some comments, mostly at the level of clarification and the STFC legal people will add the clarifications necessary. This will then be circulated for signature. The ESA legal people now seem to be happy and it is likely they will be included in the consortium.
  • Effort Reporting: DG reiterated the important of filling in the effort report as the Project Officer has requeested a report, which is due next week. It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT for ALL PARTNERS to fill in this report by the beginning of next week. SL requested a summary of progress to date from all the work package leaders. The big concern is that if we do not show a good report, we will be required to produce more frequent reports.
ACTION:

ALL - Fill in the effort report - if anyone has a problem doing this send your information to DG and he will enter this into the spreadsheet.

WP Leaders - Provide SL with a summary of progress to date.

Upcoming deliverables

The ones that are outstandng are the Internal Deliverables

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

WP13 Coordination of common standards

Still collecting responses from the Doodle poll for a conference call on this WP

WP14 - Common testing environments

Will have to close off the collection of information in the next week. There will be a report on this at the conference.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

Emmanuele Bellini reported that the survey is out and they need to extract useful information to understand which new services we want to design for data. They have some results but the research is not complete. Currently collecting some scenarios from partners and very happy with the level of cooperation. The second part of the work package will involve selecting three specific services as evidence. Ideas about interoperability match the approach in the ORCHID consortium, which is under development. Need to speak to Salvatore Mele about maximising information. Angela Fogarolli said the EU consider digital object identification is more important than author identification. The issues considered to be most important are: 1. Citability 2. Global resolution 3. Digital object certification 4. Measurement The majority of the respondents were libraries at 46%. The results will help to design the interoperability framework. DG commented that this work will fit very nicely into the SCIDIP-ES project, which kicked off last week and will link well into the Persistent Identifier Interface. DG was surprised at the low percentage of science organisations responding to the survey. DG suggested that we should circulate a questionnaire to the SCIDIP-ES partners, who consist mostly of earth science repositories. ML asked when the results of the survey can be circulated. AF said we should wait a couple of weeks in order for the partners to give some more feedback. There is a slot in the APA conference to give a talk on this work so it can be exposed more widely.

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

DG said that it was planned to have a presentation on this at the APA conference. Mariella Guercio met with Silvio and Maaike to discuss work flow and the development of authenticity and to produce a glossary of terms. Agreement between the WP partners has been reached and a report on the ideas will be produced for wider comment from the group. Silvio asked DG if he has any useful information from the results of the test audits that he can pass on to the WP members. DG said they did not focus specifically on authenticity but that UKDA, CINES and DANS may have some views on this. There was evidence provided by the European audits.

WP26 Annotation, reputation and data quality

On-going survey but there have been very few responses.

ACTION:

ALL - Provide input into this survey

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events

WP43 - Training courses

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

WP45 Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

Any other topics

The All Hands Meeting will take place on the 10 November at the BMA in London, immediately after the APA conference. There is a page on the Wiki under Meetings called 'All Hands Meeting'. DG gave an overview of the draft programme and time slots will be allocated to each of the section WP41, 43,44,46 - DG asked all the WP leaders to produce presentations about what has happened so far, what happens next and what is needed from the other partners to support collecting the material. Need to think about Summer Schools, which tie in with the audit and certification work. RvH said it is the task of WP15 to assist with the arrangements for the All Hands Meeting. RvH felt that, in order to have an efficient meeting, there should be some white papers and short presentations for optimum communication and to have a panel discussion on the next steps. DG suggested we should combine the items Rene has put together with the items on the Wiki page set up by DG. RvH suggested the morning session should be for the existing WP's and the afternoon session for the WP's that are just starting.

ACTION:

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-09-30 WP15 : RvH/DG - Need to arrange a telecon to discuss the format of the All Hands Meeting. 2011-10-07 ReneVanHorik   edit
DavidGiaretta 2011-09-30 WP51 : DG - To invite the Project Officer to the All Hands Meeting 2011-09-29 DavidGiaretta   edit
Main.Everybody 2011-10-20 WP15 : ALL - The WP's that are producing reports on surveys should have these completed for the conference and All Hands Meeting. 2011-11-17 ReneVanHorik   edit

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2011-09-28

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2011-11-17 - ReneVanHorik
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback