Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 29 September 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Giannis Tsakonas
  • Emmanuele Bellini
  • Mark Guttenbrunner
  • Heikki Helin
  • John Lindstrom
  • Silvio Salza
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Lieke Ploeger
  • Holger Brocks
  • Chiara Cirinna
  • Stefan Kraus
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maiike Rietrae
  • Ash Hunter
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Stefan Proell
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Yannis Tzitzikas

Apologies

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of actions

All the actions were covered under their respective work packages.

1. DG has invited the Project Officer to the All Hands Meeting and it is anticipated she will also attend the conference.

2. DG has closed a number of actions - please advise if this is not correct.

3. External Advisory Committee - this will be complete in the next week

Administrative matters

  • Consortium Agreement: The CA is in the hands of STFC legal people and it is expected the CA will be sent out imminently. There is just one point that needs to be checked with the EU before sending out.
  • Effort Reporting: DG reiterated the importance of filling in the effort report.

Upcoming deliverables

Internal Deliverables: ID1101 - this is mentioned in the month 8 report and the Project Officer may want to see this internal deliverable. Before sending her the document, DG will put a draft on the Wiki for partners to comment. ID3601 - The report on the level of preparedness by country will not be submitted yet.

In terms of the month 8 report, there is a draft on the Wiki on WP51 and DG will send out a URL. The table of effort has been updated. If there are any updates on the work packages, please let DG know and he will put up the final version on the Wiki before delivering it to the Project Officer.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Main.Everyone 2011-10-07 WP51 : check the man months in the effort reports - especially ICT, Airbus, INMARK and IKI-RAS 2011-11-03 DavidGiaretta   edit

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

WP13 Coordination of common standards

Still collecting responses from the Doodle poll for a conference call on this WP

WP14 - Common testing environments

AH reported that they will be starting to analyse the information and the report will be ready for the APA Conference and the All Hands Meeting in November. DG agreed to allocate time 10 minutes to AH and 20 minutes to SS for their APARSEN presentations at the conference - the other 2 speakers will be allocated 15 minutes each.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

RvH sent out an e-mail to invite everyone involved in disseminatIon within their respective organisations to disseminate information to a larger group.

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

This has just started and DG has an action to contact the Open Planets project.

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

Chiara Cirinna is finalising the document on the scenarios. The survey will close on Friday 30 September. DG asked CC to send him the url and he will circulate this. The survey is not restricted and can be more widely distributed.

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

SS said they plan to send a communication to partners involved in this WP to arrange a mega meeting. YT advised that they will upload the first version of the deliverable this week, collect feedback and report this at the next mega meeting.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-10-26 WP24 : progress more interactin with larger repositories. 2011-12-18 DavidGiaretta   edit

WP26 Annotation, reputation and data quality

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

DG reported the matrix for the final verson has been published on the CCSDS site and will e-mail this to the group - also on the ISO site. The second standard has been submitted to CCSDS for final internal review. This is also available on both CCSDS and ISO sites. DG will be talking about this at the conference. CC said it will be useful to have these reports for WP43.

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events

John Lindstrom reported they were up and running with all the tasks.

WP43 - Training courses

DG would like to set up a summer school aimed at auditors and would like to focus on this. We need to: - identify location - start advertising - build up some more training materials - will cover this at the APA conference CC would like suggestions for training initiatives that people think are important and would like to make a list of the most important requirements for auditors and staff carrying out auditing work.

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

WP45 Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Main.Wikiname   WP46 : Record interactions - international contacts - on the management web site. 2011-12-07 DavidGiaretta   edit

WP52 - Technical Coordination

DG sent an e-mail round about the All Hands Meeting asking whether there would be a problem if we extended this to 11/2 days. Only 1-2 people are unable to attend so he will extend the meeting to lunchtime on Friday 11 November.
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-10-06 WP52 : DG will extend the All Hands Meeting by an extra half day and e-mail the partners. 2011-10-06 DavidGiaretta   edit
Main.Wikiname 2011-10-03 WP52 : add somplace on the wiki to record megameetings 2011-10-26 DavidGiaretta   edit

Any other topics

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2011-10-03

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r9 < r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r9 - 2011-12-18 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback