Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 6 October 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Susan Reilly
  • Max Wilkinson
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Alex Wade
  • Silvio Salza
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Eefke Smit
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Holger Brocks
  • Stefan Kraus
  • Rene van Horik
  • Maiike Rietrae
  • Ash Hunter
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Stefan Proell
  • Yannis Tzitzikas

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of actions

All the actions were covered under their respective work packages.

WP45 - DG & Eefke Smit will talk after the meeting today

WF51 - External Advisory Committee - DG seeks to invite more Europeans for the EAC

Administrative matters

  • Consortium Agreement: The CA is still with the STFC legal people. DG will follow up with them again after this meeting. It is hoped it will be sent out next week.

  • Effort Reporting: Most people have brought their effort reporting up to date.

  • All Hands Meeting: DG reported that only 14 people had registered on the the Wiki page for the 'All Hands Meeting', which is being held in the 'Black Suite' 3rd Floor at the BMA. It is important to register in order to cater for numbers and ensure the correct space is allocated. The draft agenda is on the Wiki.
Please also ensure you register for the APA conference on the APA web site: http://www.alliancepermanentaccess.org/?page_id=43&regevent_action=register&event_id=14&name_of_event=APA%202011%20Conference%208-9%20Nov

ACTION:

ALL: URGENT need to register for the 'All Hands Meeting' on the 10/11 November on the Wiki - the draft agenda is also available. Break-out meetings need to be finalised and will take place in parallel with the main meeting on the afternoon of 10 November in the James Simpson Room adjacent to the Black Suite.

DG/RvH:

1. Allocate time slots for presentations in the main All Hands Meeting and agree structure

2. Agree format in which results are presented

2. Allocate time slots for the break-out sessions

Upcoming deliverables

Internal Deliverables:

ID1101 - Put up summary tables for comment.

WP45 - DG/ES will discuss off-line and put information up on Wiki

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

Not had much penetration into STFC

ACTION:

DG will follow up with SL

WP13 Coordination of common standards

WP14 - Common testing environments

AH reported some input from UKDA - will generate another user for them to examine.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

Ties in with the SCIDIP-ES Project.

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

Are we suffering from 'survey fatigue?'

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

The question was raised as to whether there are too many small questionnaires and perhaps a better approach would be to send out one big questionnaire covering a number of WP's.

ACTION: A big questionnaire should be put together for the next round of questionnaires in place of a lot of smaller ones.

WP26 Annotation, reputation and data quality

Hans Pfeiffenberger was unable to attend the meeting and sent an e-mail with an update on their WP's as follows:

WP26 - "we extended the internal survey on Annotation, Reputations and Data Quality on data repositories until 10 October. We only had 12 truly analyable answers so far. Therefore we sent the survey for some more Helmholtz repositories."

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

Message from HP - "for task 3320 work is continuing at the Report on Peer Review of Research Data. Together with STM we are working on a short questionnaire to some selected publishers" DG reported that standard 16363 has been published by CCSDS and is coming out in ISO - DG will cover this at the APA conference.

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events

WP43 - Training courses

SMcM - formulating a more detailed plan for training courses and coordinating with the DigiCurv project.

DG said they will be organising an auditors course, which will need to be approved and accredited by the Authorisation Body.

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

WP45 Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

WP52 - Technical Coordination

Any other topics

RvH noted that DG will put on the Wiki recordings of mega meetings.

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2011-10-12

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2011-10-26 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback