Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 13 October 2011

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Susan Reilly
  • Max Wilkinson
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Simon Lambert
  • Alex Wade
  • Silvio Salza
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Hildelies Balk
  • Stefan Kraus
  • Rene van Horik
  • Stefan Proell
  • Ash Hunter
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Veronica Praendl-Zika
  • Heinz Pampel
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Barbara Sierman
  • Herve L'Hours

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the previous meeting were agreed as an accurate record. DG had a very useful exchange with RvH about the 'All Hands Meeting' and the arrangements are now in good shape.

Review of actions

All the actions were covered as detailed in the action list. Ensure you continue recording effort on the Management Web Site.

Administrative matters

  • Consortium Agreement: Awaiting clarification from the EU on one particular point on the treatment of affiliates outside the EU. It is not envisaged there will be any major changes and it is hoped the final version will be available for signature as soon as the EU responded. All partners will need to provide information for the attachments. Once the CA has been signed by the partners the position of IBM willbe clarified and it is hoped they can continue in the project.
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2011-10-20 WP51 : SL will send out a reminder to everyone about the CA attachments and what is needed and what you need to check so that this can be completed. 2011-11-03 DavidGiaretta   edit

  • Effort Reporting: DG will send the report to the Project Officer.
Kirnn Kaur from the BL, who wil lbe taking over from Max Wilkinson, was welcomed to the project by the members.

Upcoming deliverables

Internal Deliverables:

ID1101 - DG will put up summary for this and present it to the Project Officer.

WP45 - STM - Deliverable is due.

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

WP13 Coordination of common standards

Stefan Kraus set up a doodle poll and has arranged a call for next week.

WP14 - Common testing environments

DG will need to talk to Ash Hunter as soon as possible re: conference presentation

ACTION: ALL - EVeryone to take a look at the documents on the Wiki and provide their comments.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

RvH had e-mail exchange with DG on the model to organise the 'All Hands Meeting' and the current state is on the Wiki. There is a need to do some work within the group to ensure this is successful and everyone should get back to RvH: - RvH would like to organise 8 sessions with a subject for each session - everyone to make suggestions for each session - check if there is anything missing - look at the time frame for each session - those who would like to chair a session should add their name on the Wiki - all the reports and presentations should be placed on the Wiki

SL would like a session on Administrative Matters, with particular emphasis on what will be required for the first year's reporting. SL needs 1/2 hour for this.

WP16 - Common tools, software repository and marketplace

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

WP24 - Authenticity and Provenance

Silvio has arranged a meeting with all partners involved in WP24. SS was awaiting responses from Microsoft and IKI-RAS. SS sent all APARSEN members a questionnaire about how Authenticity is handled in their repositories - it very important that people answer this questionnaire

ACTION: Alex Wade will follow up with Natasha about the WP24 meeting. KG to follow up ref. Efim Kudashev.

WP26 Annotation, reputation and data quality

Hans Pampel reported that the survey is now closed. Have received very interesting comments on this topic and the responses will be aggragated to ensure confidentiality and a meeting will take place at Helmholtz next week to discuss the next steps.

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

HP reported that they are currently working on a report on this and will update the information on the Wiki page. Would like to interview some publishers and will contact Eefke Smit from STM in the next week.

WP41 - External workshops symposia and events

WP43 - Training courses

SMcM - will be having a meeting next week and will have more information available for the next mega meeting.

WP44 - External communications and awareness raising

VP-Z - will be having a monthly mega meeting on Tuesday to discuss the Communication Plan, which will be presented at the 'All Hands Meeting' in London.

WP45 Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

WP52 - Technical Coordination

Any other topics

SL has replaced Max Wilkinson with Kirnn Kaur on the APARSEN contacts list.

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2011-10-26

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2011-11-03 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback