Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 8 December 2011

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Andreas Hundsdörfer
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Heinz Pampel
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Maaike Rietrae
  • Daria Plankina
  • William Kilbride
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Heikki Helin
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Ashley Hunter

Apologies

Apologies were received from David Giaretta, Krystina Giaretta, René van Horik, Holger Brocks, Susan Reilly and Hervé L'Hours.

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the meeting held on 1 December were agreed as an accurate record.

Review of actions

The actions were reviewed during the corresponding work packages. Simon reminded everyone of the ongoing action to fill in details of meetings for the benefit of WP15, WP41 and WP46.

Administrative matters

First year reporting

Simon has sent an email about giving access to the NEF system to appropriate people within each organisation (i.e. those who will enter the cost figures).

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2011-12-16 WP51: Give access to NEF system to appropriate people within each organisation 2012-02-16 DavidGiaretta   edit

The next step will be for Simon to circulate instructions on entering the costs and other information into NEF.

Consortium Agreement

A few signed forms are still awaited - Simon is chasing.

Review meeting

The likeliest dates for the review are 1-3 February, though this is awaiting confirmation.

Upcoming deliverables

The deliverables were covered under their respective work packages.

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

WP12 - Staff and experience exchange

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-12-15 WP12: David, Simon and William to discuss issues of distribution of effort in WP12 2011-12-18 DavidGiaretta   edit

WP13 – Coordination of common standards

Andreas Hundsdörfer reported that he has now taken over the work in this area for InConTec as Stefan is leaving InConTec.

WP14 - Common testing environments

Ash Hunter reported that he has gained access to the use cases of the ENSURE project and has reviewed them for their relevance to APARSEN scenarios. These cases cover health care, clinical trials and financial data. He will update the wiki page to include this information. He wants more input from other projects (SCAPE, SCIDIP, LOTAR, ...) and appealed to other partners in the WP to help here.

Ash is proposing to extend the duration of the WP as the effort has been underspent so far and it is important to reach the goals.

Ash also reported on learning at the International Digital Curation Conference about an initiative to assemble test corpora (in this case of files for migration), and wondered if APARSEN/the centre of excellence could have a role as custodian of such corpora.

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

WP21 - Preservation services

This WP starts in M11. The first task is collection of preservation services, which the DoW says will be based on the technical components in the PARSE.Insight roadmap. Many partners have effort in this WP, some quite substantial. STFC as WP leader will set the ball rolling.

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

There will be a face-to-face meeting in Florence 20-21 December.

WP23 - Storage solutions

Veronica Guidetti circulated a plan following the WP kick-off meeting in London.

WP24 - Authenticity and provenance

WP26 – Annotation, reputation and data quality

Heinz Pampel reported that work is continuing on the draft report, with SBA contributing.

WP32 - Cost/benefit data collection and modelling

Kirnn Kaur has arranged a kick-off meeting on Thursday 15th December 14:00 GMT. She will circulate an agedna.

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

Heinz Pampel said there was not much to report for T3320.

Simon Lambert said that the reports from the six test audits have now been written, and are being compared and checked for uniformity and cross-validation. William Kilbride asked when the reports would be available, as they will be useful for other WPs such as training.Even a template report would be helpful in the development and design of the training.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2012-01-26 WP33: David/Simon to confirm when test audit reports will be generally available to other partners 2012-02-09 edit

WP34 - Brokerage services

WP36 - Business cases

The kick-off of this WP took place after last week's MegaMeeting.

WP41 - External workshops, symposia and events

Daria Plankina reported that a workshop proposal has been submitted to the LIBER conference.

WP43 - Training courses

Sharon McMeekin reported that good progress is being made. FRD is leading the first task, and interviews have been conducted with people involved in the test audits (WP33).

WP45 - Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

Any other topics

None.

-- SimonLambert - 2011-12-08

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2012-02-16 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback