Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 15 December 2011

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Efim Kudashev
  • Giannis Tsakonas
  • Holger Brocks
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Andreas Rauber
  • Silvio Salza
  • Susan Reilly
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Veronica Guidetti
  • Hervé L'Hours
  • Stefan Proell
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Eefke Smit
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Heinz Pampel
  • René van Horik
  • Maaike Rietrae
  • Daria Plankina
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Heikki Helin
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Ashley Hunter

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

The notes from the meeting held on 8 December were agreed as an accurate record.

Review Meeting in February 2012

DAY 1

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2012-01-15 WP51 : We need to send documents to the Project Officer, Liina Munari by the 18 January 2012 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit
  • The date and place for the review meeting has been agreed as 2 & 3 February 2012 in Luxembourg with a rehearsal planned on the 1st February in the hotel
  • The WP presentation speakers are named in the agenda which can be found on the Wiki, if these are incorrect, please let DG know
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2012-01-22 WP51 : The speakers at the review in Luxembourg need to prepare their presentations and put them on the wiki by the third week in January 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit
  • SM asked if STM and BL could also be available for the ODE review meeting taking place at the same in Brussels and asked DG if there was any flexibility in the timetable to allow them to do both. DG confirmed there was some flexibility and would try to acccommodate the ODE review meeting.
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SalvatoreMele 2011-12-22 WP51 : SM will send an e-mail to Carlos, the ODE Project Officer, requesting further clarity on the ODE review meeting dates and get back to DG. 2012-01-11 SalvatoreMele   edit
  • We need the due deliverable reports by the 15 January - some deliverables are due in month 12 and others in month 14. Those due in month 12 must produce their final reports - those due in month 14 should produce a good draft report.
  • STM - 45.1 the External Advisory Board members to date are listed on the Wiki; there is a table that summarises where we are.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
EefkeSmit 2012-01-12 WP45 : Eefke Smit to produce the final report D45.1 for submission to the EU by 15 January 2012. ES will produce the document by the end of next week and DG will review this before submitting. This report ties in with the Communication Plan. 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit

  • Communication Plan (ONB) - the report needs to be completed by the 15 January. Veronika P-Z asked if she needs to attend the review and DG felt strongly that, as a WP leader with strong input, she should attend and give a presentation - the Communicaiton Plan is a key part of the project. It is important to have a good balance of attendees that includes research organisations, librbaries, industry etc.
  • Into the agenda, we will put links to the latest versions of the documents and presentations to which the reviewers will have access.
  • D14.1 deliverable date is month 12 and a final document needs to be produced. Ash Hunter advised that they will only be able to produce a good draft and requested an extension to the deliverable date of a further 3-6 months. The current document on the Wiki is still an internal discussion document and needs to be fine tuned.
  • DG will review all the reports prior to submission to Liina on the 15 January.
  • D33.1 reports on the Test Audits should be finished just prior to Christmas. Sabine will send the DIN reports to DG tomorrow.
  • The Memorandum of Understanding is a table of contents which needs to be adhered to.
  • All the reports will be available by the New Year.
  • All the presentations need to be available by mid January with printed copies by the third week in January.
  • D22.1 report is due in Month 12 - again, this has to be a final document.
  • D24.1 - there is a final version available on the Wiki of the internal deliverable produced by FORTH.
  • D24.2 - Silvio Salza advised that they will have a good and substantial presentation available for the review meeting but this will not be ready by the 15 January. The deliverable is not due until month 14 so this should not be an issue. DG will advise the PO. SS also asked how much time has been allocated for each of the presentations. DG confirmed that it would be between 30-45 minutes per WP but as they have two deliverables, he would allocate one hour.

ACTION: DG will again request all partners with repositories to complete the questionnaire sent out by SS.

  • D26.1 Heinz reported that they are currently working on the draft of the report and hope to have this in the first week of January. As with WP14, an extension to the deliverable date of approximately 3-6 months has also been requested. DG and SL can still put the draft in the Month 12 Report.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2012-01-12 WP51 : DG will request an extension from the Project Officer for WP14 and WP26 as requested by Ash and Heinz. 2012-02-06 DavidGiaretta   edit

  • D43.1 - this a Month 14 deliverable. Sharon advised that they will not have a full draft of the report available by the 15 January.
  • D12.1 - this is not a deliverable so no report has to be produced. The information will be placed on the APA web site where it can be viewed by the PO to show the activity. We still need to have a presentation to show what is being done and the links to projects like DigiCurv etc. We need to flag this up to the Project Officer.

DAY 2

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert, DavidGiaretta 2012-01-12 WP51 : Administration, Current Status - SL will produce a Month 12 Report. SL has sent out the information about the NEF system. 2012-02-06 DavidGiaretta   edit
TWikiUsers 2012-01-12 : ALL - Need to fill in the Effort Report URGENTLY. There are lots of blanks so please make sure your total for the year reflects what you have actually done in man months. 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit

  • Plans for Year 2

Review of actions

DG reminded everyone to complete their actions as soon as possible

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert, DavidGiaretta 2012-01-12 WP51 : DG/SL - There are a few things that DG and SL need to follow up with William Kilbride. 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit

Administrative matters

Consortium Agreement

Almost completed - just awaiting one or two - Simon is chasing.

SL is making a start on the Annual Report, which will require contributions from the WP leaders. SS asked about the Month 8 Report and whether this had been sent out. There are issues with some of the partners who have not been contributing very much to the project and there wiill be a decision about what will happen to those partners. SL has given these partners a deadline before Christmas.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-12-21 WP51 : DG will circulate a copy of the Month 8 Report to everyone and place this on the Wiki. 2011-12-18 DavidGiaretta   edit
TWikiUsers 2011-12-21 WP51 : DG requested additional names for reviewers in addition to those already listed 2012-01-26 DavidGiaretta   edit

Upcoming deliverables

Work Packages

WP11 - Common vision

WP12 - Staff and experience exchange

WP13 – Coordination of common standards

WP14 - Common testing environments

WP15 - Internal workshops, symposia and events

WP21 - Preservation services

WP22 - Identifiers and citability

WP23 - Storage solutions

WP24 - Authenticity and provenance

WP26 – Annotation, reputation and data quality

WP32 - Cost/benefit data collection and modelling

WP33 - Peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories

WP34 - Brokerage services

WP36 - Business cases

WP41 - External workshops, symposia and events

WP43 - Training courses

WP45 - Liaison with other stakeholders

WP46 - International liaison

Any other topics

None.

-- Main.Krystina Giaretta - 2011-12-15

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2012-02-06 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback