Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 9 February 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Silvio Salza
  • Stefan Proell
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • William Kilbride
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Ash Hunter
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Jeffrey van der Hoeven
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Barbarara Bazzanella
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Rene van Horik
  • Holger Brocks
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Heikki Helin
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Herve L'Hours
  • John Lindstrom
  • Dinesh Katre
  • Gerald Jaschke
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Eefke Smit
  • Susan Reilly

Apologies

Review meeting February 2012

DG gave an overview of the Review Meeting that took place on the 2nd & 3rd February in Luxembourg.

WP33.1A - The Reviewers liked this and it just needs to be finalised. Olivier Rouchon wanted to emphasise the need for more contributions from the partners who were involved in the test audits. DG asked everyone to add their documents to the Wiki or pass them on to him. DG suggested we could organise a telecon to discuss this further and will send out a Doodle Poll to determine the date for this call.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2012-02-15 WP33 : DG to send out Doodle Poll to determine the date for a telecon to discuss test audit documents. 2012-02-16 DavidGiaretta   edit

WP24.1 - Fundamentally a good document but what was missing was the detailed plan for the next steps. Maurizio Lunghi will add his comments to the Wiki. Silvio Salza said the Reviewers were positive about their presentation on WP24 and looks forward to receiving the formal comments from the Reviewers next week. SS agreed with Maurizio that the main problem was with communication and that everyone should contribute by placing information on the web site.

WP26

WP12 & 43 - WK has added some comments on the Wiki. He said there are 2-3 issues that need to be addressed. WP12 & 43 are, in the minds of the Reviewers, connected. For WP43, the DOW broadly describes what the training courses are about but, as the WP has developed, its efforts focus on the work already done. The preliminary review is due at the end of February at FRD and recommendations will be made how to develop the training courses. We need to establish all the topics that are required for the training courses and make some practical suggestions to anticipate the Reviewers comments. The training materials need to encompass other issues in addition to audit and certification training.

DG said the impression given was that audit and certification was the only training we would be doing and the problem was that it did not appear that we were going to undertake any other training. We need to show a whole range of training courses. WK feels there is enough material coming out of the APARSEN project to form the training courses required. WK and ML will discuss further off-line.

WP12 - The exchanges were packaged into one presentation and this went well, however, the Reviewers referred back to the DOW where it was promised that exchanges would last for periods of months, whereas the current exchanges have lasted for a period of weeks. We need to think further about managing WP12 more effectively. The deliverable is due at the end of February and this needs to be placed on the Wiki and also the Web Page.

WP22 - ML said there is a lot of interest and one way to get some implementation is to do this through the SCIDIP-ES project.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
WilliamKilBride 2012-02-15 WP12 : WP12 deliverable is due at the end of February but needs to be placed on the Wiki and Web Page now.

Website now established at: http://aparsenexchanges.net/ not yet supplied to Commission as last checks in process

2012-04-04 edit

Review of notes from previous meeting

Review of actions

Administrative matters

We need to focus more on the requirements of the DOW and think about what we need to say about the work we have done and how this equates to the DOW. We should also ensure that the risk register is updated once a month.

The web site needs to be updated. This is currently sited on the APA web site to ensure continuity after the project is finished.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers   WP52 : ALL - check the Risk Register monthly and update as necessary 2013-04-30 edit

Consortium Agreement

Effort reporting

Everyone should continue to update their effort each month.

First year reporting including cost statements

The Periodic Report. The NEF system is now open and everyone needs to get their Form C's in as soon as possible. This information is needed for the Periodic Report. The Reviewers were particularly interested in Common Vision and asked us to produce intermediate versions at the end of each year. We therefore need to add something to the Period One report to describe the processes better. DG asked WK to add this element to the Wiki under project management.

Upcoming deliverables

WK represented Veronika Praendl-Zika in her absence on the WP44 Communication Plan. There was some confusion around the Communication Plan, which currently remains an 'open document' and will be improved and more information will be added to the web site and the use of social media should be progressed.

Workpackages

WP11 - Common Vision There are 2 elements to this:

1. Common Vision about what the 'Virtual Centre of Excellence' would be

2. Common Vision for Digital Preservation Research - we cannot do this until we have done the work in the project but we can capture our initial views and see how things converge. DG has put some pages on the Wiki.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2012-02-28 WP11 : ALL - everyone needs to add information on the Wiki page to formulate a 'High Level Business Plan' 2012-04-04 SimonLambert   edit
TWikiUsers 2012-02-28 WP11 : ALL - Add comments and ideas to VCOE plan and Research agenda 2012-05-23 SimonLambert   edit

Common Vision for the Research Agenda - Eefke will write a high level manifesto to add to the Wiki as a 'kick-off' to Common Vision Month 14 Deliverable. Everyone will be e-mailed and written comments will be collected from everybody by the end of next week and put up on the Wiki so that everything will be ready to send to the EU.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2012-02-16 WP51 : ALL - written comments will be collected from everybody by the end of next week and put up on the Wiki so that everything will be ready to send to the EU. 2012-02-16 DavidGiaretta   edit

Any other topics

None

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-02-15

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r20 < r19 < r18 < r17 < r16 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r20 - 2013-10-23 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback