Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 8 March 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Barbara Sierman
  • Paolo Bouquet
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Barbarara Bazzanella
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Rene van Horik
  • Heikki Helin
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Hans Pfeiffenberger
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Ash Hunter
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Susan Reilly
  • John Lindstrom
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Silvio Salza
  • Juha Lehtonen

Apologies

Response to Report from Review meeting February 2012

David reminded everyone that, despite the issues raised in the Review report, we must stay focussed on ensuring the deliverables are submitted on time and that this is vitally important. DG asked for comments from the meeting attendees about the Review Report and the recommendations contained within it. Comments as follows:

  • The issue of the web site was raised and suggestions were made about creating a separate web site. DG said that, in the DOW, it is stated that the web site would sit within the APA web site so that, at the end of the project, there would be continuity, it would form part of the Virtual Centre of Excellence and reach a much wider audience. We need to ensure we are consistent with what is contained in the DOW. VP-Z said that if a separate web site was created, there could also be a link to the APA we site.
  • KG felt that the danger of having a separate web site is that this would simply disappear at the end of the project and also, unless you are aware of the APARSEN project it would not be very visible or reach a wider audience. KG also asked the partners to engage more in providing information to put on the web site.
  • Hans P advised that one of the comments made at the Review is that when you go to the APARSEN web site, there are other projects that are visible within the APA web site and suggested that the APARSEN pages should be more 'stand alone'. DG advised that once more material is available after the Month 14 there will be much more information available on the web site. VP-Z has arranged a meeting in Vienna next week and this will be discussed further at that meeting.
  • Rene vH noted that there are many people registered on the Twiki but it is always the same people who attend the mega meetings and carry out the work on the WP's. He also noted that WP13 has gone quiet. There needs to be more input from other partners - again, this is a management issue that needs to be addressed. DG advised that Holger does have quite a lot of material and DG will follow up with him to make this available.
  • Yannis: proposed setting up moodle (http://moodle.org/) for collecting all training material. If this is done, then every partner could have an account, all existing material could be placed there (in a few days) and everyone will be able to define courses by selecting and sequencing the material that is there. Some courses could be open to everyone, some to particular groups, etc. If we want continuity, moodle could be installed at the APA site.

ACTION: DG advised that Holger does have quite a lot of material for D13.1 and DG will follow up with him to make this available.

  • WP43 is also somewhat incomplete and Sharon agreed that there is much more work to be done to address the issues raised at the Review.
  • SM felt that the web site was not the most critical issue. The legal and contractual requirements are much more important and need to be resolved quickly. The issues of forming a General Assembly and Project Management Board are much more pressing and need to be addressed urgently. He suggested that a meeting should be held within the next two weeks to put a stronger administrative structure in place.
  • All the partners were in agreement about the urgency of resolving the following administrative issues:
    1. Form a General Assembly
    2. Create a Project Managment Board
    3. Appoint Stream Leaders
    4. Add more European members to the External Advisory Committee

ACTION: A Doodle Poll will be sent out today to arrange a meeting next week with all the partners in the project. If the Team Leaders are not available, someone else within the respective organisations should be nominated to attend. Those who cannot attend can do so via the megameeting facility. However, it is important to try and attend this meeting in person.

  • DG again stressed the importance of the Deliverables and we must not lose sight of ensuring that the work is carried out and produced on time and, although addressing the administrative structures is important, the Deliverables are crucial to the success of the project and therefore we need to address both issues.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-03-08

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2012-03-09 - YannisTzitzikas
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback