-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-03-29

Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 29 March 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Stefan Proell
  • Frederic Darre
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • John Lindström
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Hans Pfeiffenberger
  • Silvio Salza
  • Eefke Smit
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Panos Georgiou
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Rudolf Mayer
  • Ash Hunter

Apologies

Apologies were received from: Hervé L'Hours, Jeffrey van der Hoeven, Olivier Rouchon, Yannis Tzitzikas, René van Horik, Holger Brocks, Salvatore Mele.

Simon advised that the Stream Leaders will be taking a more active lead in the meetings . SL said that, in future meetings, he would like the Stream Leaders to give an update on progress for each of their streams.

Follow-up of Review, General Assembly and Project Management Board meetings

The final review documents have been received from the EC and are now on the wiki on the review page. DG confirmed the date and time for the meeting in Luxembourg next week with Liina, the Project Officer, as 10:00 CET on Tuesday 3 April and that the Project Management Board will be able to join via Telecon by dialling into this meeting. DG will send the dial-in details to the PMB. The idea is to discuss our plans for the deliverables for the rest of the year and get any feedback and expectations from the Project Officer and in particular the description of the Virtual Centre of Excellence. Only a small minority of partners have responded to the request for input and the last responses from Eefke Smit and Hans Pfeiffenberger capture the mixture of a core and looser association around the VCoE as a basic module, which can be put to Liina. DG will take on board the comments from Eefke and others to make the document clearer, circulate this tomorrow to the broader partners and requested that all comments should be sent directly to him.

SL will revise the agenda for future mega meetings to take into account the involvement of the Stream Leaders and will also update the actions, removing any completed items.

ACTION: DG to send e-mail to the PMB with dial-in instructions for the meeting with the Project Officer in Luxembourg 10:00 CET Tuesday 3 April.

Review of notes from previous meeting

Review of Actions

ACTION:

SL will refresh the list of actions and remove completed items.

Administrative matters

DG and SL have been reviewing the Effort Reporting and have come across some discrepancies that appear to be due to a misunderstanding in the way the effort has been entered. Some of the effort has been entered as 'man hours' rather than percentages. The figures do need to be corrected to ensure these are accurate.

ACTION:

ALL - please check that the figures are correctly entered to the end of first year i.e. end of 2011 and ensure they are entered as percentages NOT 'man months'.

Christoph Bruch raised the issue of work flow - there is a problem with the consistency of Form C figures and the management figures. The solution would be to take the personnel figure from the Form C and divide this by man months. DG and SL will review the figures to ensure their consistency.

ACTION:

SL will send a message to all partners and include the spead sheet showing total costs (not just personnel costs) highlighting any inconsistencies.

Upcoming deliverables

WP11 Covered in the remarks are the beginning of the meeting. DG stressed the importance of ensuring we have consensus on the vision for the VCoE.

D12.1 Register/map of research activities, positions available and placements
The website for announcing exchange opportunities is now available. Sharon advised that further information will be available in time for the review.

D13.1 Report about standardisation activities

D14.1 Report on testing environments Ash Hunter has dropped in links to the document and minutes from the WP meeting. In terms of discussions, AH has done an analysis of the recommendations with some actions to address those recommendations that affect WP14 and these are now on the Wiki for review.

D16.1 Software repository
Although Yannis was not on the call, he had put forward a suggestion for a web site to submit ideas and follow up with questions. AH will create this as a 'Decision Tree', which will provide a qualified answer to what is the VCoE.

D26.1 Report and strategy on annotation, reputation and data quality
The proposed postponement of four months will be discussed with the Project Officer during the meeting with her next week.

D33.1 Final report on peer review and 3rd party certification of repositories
D33.1(a) is ready for submission.

By no later than Monday, DG will prepare a document with bullet points for each of the deliverables in order to summarise the messages to Liina, just to make sure that we have got the right points to communicate.

ACTION:

All current deliverables Work Package Leaders to provide information on the current status of their WP's taking into account the Reviewers recommendations,

D41.1 Workshops planning and summary report
John Lindstrom reported that a new draft 0.7 is available on the Wiki and, if anyone has any additions, please send them to him so he can finalise the document.

D43.1 Survey for the assessment of training material/ Assessment of digital curation requirements

Stream 4 Deliverables - Veronika P-Z advised that 43.1 is in a state of revision in the context of regular reports and is being updated with comments.

D44.1 Communication plan
VP-Z advised that this is currently being worked on and taking into consideration the reviewers comments. She has asked everyone to report back to her in order to produce a communication plan for the whole project. Eefke is putting in a chapter on stakeholders that will be included.

D45.1 Stakeholder identification and communication strategy
Eefke is working on this deliverable and taking into consideration all the reviewers comments to include more stakeholders from Europe.

D52.1 Website
Veronika P-Z requested a professionally designed logo should be created for the project. A new structure has been set up, which will be hosted by the APA web site but with an individual identity. This should be available from April. DG will discuss the web site proposals with Liina at the meeting next week

Workpackages

We are presently focussing on and prioritising the urgent issues of the current set of deliverables in response to the reviewers comments and recommendations.

The Stream Leaders will report on their respective WP's, which are coming on stream.

ES made the point that each of the partner's web sites should have links to the APARSEN project, which has not happened and which had been pointed out at the Review Meeting. This needs to be addressed by ALL the partners.

ACTION:

ALL - All Partners to ensure there they put a link to the APARSEN Project on each of their respective organisation's web sites.

Any Other Topics

DG needs some more 'Flesh on the Bones' for the Period One Report. WP Stream Leaders should take a look at the revisions on the active WP's in Period 1 in order to provide sufficient information so that the documents provide an accurate description of what the project is doing. The Period 1 Report is to be re-submitted in an improved form and, one of the improvements is to make the work package summaries more informative and produce a summary table at the end. Just providing a few lines is not sufficient; we need to ensure consistency and what has been achieved in the first year of the project - the Stream Leaders need to chase this up if necessary.

DG said we have to put in some details for the plans for the second year. This will bring in some input from the WP's that are started and we should also say something about the events that are being organised. DG said we will put something in the Period 1 Report about the improvements and changes that have been implemented as a result of the recommendations in the Review.

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2012-04-05 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback