-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-04-11

Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 5 April 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Stefan Proell
  • Frederic Darre
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • John Lindström
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Hans Pfeiffenberger
  • Silvio Salza
  • Eefke Smit
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Sabine Schrimpf
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Holger Brocks
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Ruben Riestra
  • Ash Hunter
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Rene van Horik
  • Jeffery van der Hoeven
  • Herve L'Hours

Apologies

Simon advised that the project meeting agenda has been re-vamped into Stream sections with Stream Leaders reporting on each of their respective work packages. The actions on the whole project have also been revised, reviewed and streamlined to ensure actions for specific people are captured, or actions that go beyond individual work packages.

Follow-up of Review, General Assembly and Project Management Board meetings

Review of notes from previous meeting

Review of Actions

- Almost everyone has now finalised their Form C's in the NEF system

- Actions about the face to face meeting will be discussed at the PMB this afternoon.

- VP-Z asked everyone, who has not already done so, to send information and slide contributions to her for inclusion in the introductory section for the Project. She would like to finalise this by mid May.

- VCoE was discussed with the Project Officer and proposals for the structure were accepted by the majority of the project partners. Discussions will continue to the end of the project.

- Please continue to advise VP-Z of any forthcoming events, and systematically record all acitivities and details of meetings as the EC ask for this annually.

- We need to record publications on an on-going basis

- Please continue to add ideas on the Wiki page for Common Vision

- WP51 - EAC members - PMB will discuss at the meeting today.

Administrative matters

1. Effort Recording - a number of partners had included entries in the management website in 'man months' rather than percentages as previously advised. We need to ensure the figures presented to the EC are entered accurately and in a consistent format.

ACTION:

ALL - please check that the figures in the Managment Web Site are updated for the FIRST YEAR and ensure you keep entering them for the second year.

Stream 1 Integration - Deliverables and Work Packages

Sharon represented William Kilbride in his absence. He wanted to mention the progress on Common Vision and how positive this has been. He also wanted to highlight, from the meeting with the Project Officer, that it is very important we put together a clear process for the development of the Virtual Centre of Excellence and provide this in a document form so that it is clear.

SL advised that the notes from the meeting with the Project Officer have been placed on the Wiki. DG summed up the outcome of the meeting as follows:

  • The PO recognised that we had been forced to submit deliverables for M14 which had only been worked on for 12 1/2 months, whereas we should have waited 15 1/2 months before submitting deliverables. She recognised the efforts we had gone through to prepare for the meeting with her and the engagement with all the members of the project.

  • She was shown the list where the members indicated their preliminary views about the proposals for the VCoE.

  • All the WP's need to add a section at the end of each of the RTD deliverables, to explain what happens to the reports once they are published.

  • For the Common Vision, what was missing was the description of the methodology that is going to be used to create the VCoE. The IMPACT project was mentioned and the work that had been done in creating the Centre of Competence, which is different from the VCoE. A VCoE brings together all these competences and then spreads these out. Liina will provide some information on what they expect a VCoE to be.

DG said he will talk to Hildelies Balk about the methodology used to set up their Centre of Competence, which may be useful in setting up the VCoE. Jeffery van der Hoeven offered to assist and will arrange for HB's assistant to send some documents to DG and see how these can be applied to the VCoE.

ACTION:

DG will also follow up with Hildelies after the 17 April on her return to the office.

Christoph Bruch felt that Liina may be flexible in terms of delaying some of the WP's. DG advised that, unless there was a VERY GOOD reason to do so, we cannot continue asking for extensions to the WP's. WP14, 16 and 26 have already had extensions to the deliverable dates and DG said that we do need to be aware that the Project Officer wants to avoid the same problems in the next review that we had this time and there may be a 'knock-on' effect from any delays.

Permission was obtained from Liina for the delays on WP14, 16 and 26.

SL said that the Year 2 plan will form part of the revised Year 1 report.

ACTION:

ALL - The Year 2 Plan will be written up by DG and SL over the Easter period and then we need contributions from the Stream Leaders and WP Leaders.

Stream 2 Technical Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP22 - Maurizio has sent an e-mail to the WP leaders and proposed to adopt the table suggested by Yannis.

VP-Z asked DG when he would like all the deliverables to be ready so that he can review them?

Eefke asked if the PMB has been extended with extra members. SL advised that it has not but will be discussed at the PMB meeting this afternoon.

Christoph asked if anyone has reported activitiy from the IKI-RAS partner. VP-Z reported that she had a problem with WP44 and the only contact has been with Efim Kudashev's son, who was only interested in the staff exchanges. VP-Z suggested we should have a call with Efim Kudashev and his son (who speaks very good English). Silvio said he has had many problems in trying to communicate with them and has e-mailed IKI-RAS on many occasions in relation to WP24. He finally received something but did not consider it could be used for publication. SL suggested this should be discussed with the PMB and then the GA, to generally look at possible non-performing partners.

Stream 3 Economic & Legal Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP33 report finalised.

Stream 4 Sustainable Uptake - Deliverables and Work Packages

DG suggested VP-Z should look at the APA event calendar and she asked whether we should include a mechanism for reporting events. VP-Z advised that WP41 has taken over the conference list and there is a table on the Wiki for all partners to update any events concerning digital preservation. John L has put up events and there is now a structure for both planning and reporting. JL asked everyone to send any information to him.

Hans Ulrich advised that Airbus will present APARSEN at a conference in Munich and this will be double-badged with the APARSEN logo. SL will be in touch with Airbus and VP-Z asked to be included in the communication.

WP42 Kick-off will be on the 23 April.

WP43 deliverable will be re-worked with more topics for the training programme.

WP44 - work is going on with the Communication Plan, the brochure and new design for the logo.

Any Other Topics

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-04-11

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-04-16 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback