Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 12 April 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Stefan Proell
  • Frederic Darre
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Daria Plankina
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Silvio Salza
  • Eefke Smit
  • Stefan Hein
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Holger Brocks
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Ash Hunter
  • William Kilbride
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Rene van Horik
  • Jeffery van der Hoeven
  • Herve L'Hours

Apologies

David Giaretta

Follow-up of Review, General Assembly and Project Management Board meetings

Review of notes from previous meeting

SL asked everyone to ensure that they read the notes from the previous meetings, particularly with regard to the actions. He reminded all deliverable leaders to include a statement about how the reports will be used both inside and outside the project.

Review of Actions

SL again reiterated the action as set out on the Twiki to remind everyone to check the Risk Register regularly. The Risk Register will be reviewed periodically in the MegaMeetings.

Administrative matters

Effort Reporting

Reminder to everyone to continue to update their effort reporting by percentages and not man months.

First Year Reporting Including Cost Statement

SL advised that the revised Year 1 Report is in progess and near to completion, taking account of the Review comments, and he will be producing the finalised set of cost statements. DG and SL would like to have the deliverables ready for them to review, independently of the internal reviews, BY NO LATER THAN 20 APRIL. Please ensure you include a section at the end of the deliverable about their expected use and impact both inside and outside the APARSEN project - this responds to one of the important points in the review. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE PROJECT OFFICER. When the report is ready, put it on the Wiki - it is the responsibility of DG and SL to submit these to Luxembourg.

Veronika P-Z wanted to remind everyone not to forget their half page publishable summary at the beginning of each deliverable so that these can be used on the web site and added as a news item. VP-Z said that an abstract would also be fine.

ACTION - VERY IMPORTANT:

DG and SL would like to have the deliverables ready for them to review, independently of the internal reviews, BY NO LATER THAN 20 APRIL.

The PMB is continuing to meet weekly on Thursday afternoons and the notes of the meetings will be put on the Wiki.

Stream 1 Integration - Deliverables and Work Packages

WK reported on the WP's in Stream 1.

WP11 Common Vision

WK commented that we have been concerned with the functions in terms of the operation and what the VCoE should be, but there is a layer missing which is: What is the actual position, what do we think digital preservation should be and what common hopes do we share? 

WP12 Staff & Experience Exchange

The WP is in good shape and a deadline of 13 April has been set to receive the first oultine exchanges - still waiting for information from Airbus and DANS.

WP13 Coordination of Common Standards

WK thanked Andreas of Incontec for the report on common standards, the draft of which was circulated today. Andreas would like to get feedback as to who will contribute to what in this work package. WK said that the 13 organisations should look at this report and comment as soon as possible. All the partners of WP13 should take a look and see what is missing and get back to Holger and the team urgently in order to complete the report within the deadline. WK suggested that this should be discussed at the PMB this afternoon.

WP14 Common Testing Environments

Tessella have been working on a new version of their deliverable but this is now not due until Month 24. Ash Hunter has been looking for effort from the WP partners and would welcome some additional contributions from them - he will send out an e-mail to the group. There is an inter-connection between WP14 and WP16 - is everyone happy with this relationship? AH has started a Wiki page on WP16 and there is a link to software repositories. He advised that WP14 will not be held up by WP16.

WP15 Internal workshops, symposia and events

There has been a lot of movement on the programme of events. Rene confirmed that there is an All Hands meeting in June. He asked everyone to put the meetings on the Management Web Site. SL said we should ensure this is kept up to date and complete.

WP16 Common Tools, Software Repository & Marketplace

Stream 2 Technical Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP22 - Maurizio is trying to increase activity.

WP24 - Silvio has published a full draft of the second deliverable D24.2 on the Wiki. Both deliverables will be available on the Wiki for internal review in the next week and they will then produce the final version of both deliverables.

SL said there is a list of deliverables for each Stream - the external deliverables are listed correctly but he has some doubts about the internal deliverables. With respect to Stream 2, there is ID2601, ID2602 and ID2603, which are supposedly due in Month 14 but SL can only find ID2601 in the DOW and is puzzled as to where these have arisen in WP26.

SL said we need to ensure the deliverables reflect the reality. SL and CB will check these off-line.

WP23 - SL had an e-mail from Veronica Guidetti requesting input from partners on this WP.

SL has put up a page for the internal reviews for Month 14, which can be reached from the deliverables page on the Wiki and he will send out a link to everyone.

ACTION:

ALL - Everyone to look at the internal reviews for Month 14 page on the Wiki

Stream 3 Economic & Legal Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP31 - Christoph advised that he still needs to find a new lead for WP31. This will be tasked to the GA.

WP32 - The next meeting will be on the 26 April.

WP33 - Awaiting the report from DG but this will be delivered on time.

WP34 - there is a lead problem with IKIRAS

WP35 - Did not get any response to date.

WP36 - No news.

Stream 4 Sustainable Uptake - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP41 - Still working on the conference list, available on the Wiki, and getting more suggestions for events from several partners. VP-Z suggested everyone should have a look on a monthly basis. Work is progressing on the final draft of WP41.1.

WP42 - starts within the next week with a kick-off meeting on the 23 April via MegaMeeting.

WP43 - There is a lot of work being carried out on the update and re-orientation of the deliverable for training courses. WK asked anyone who has done any work to register the time spent on this WP in the management system.

WP44 - VP-Z is in contact with Eefke to align the stakeholder plans and involvement to ensure consistency with WP45. Work on the brochure is continuing and is waiting for a new design of the logo.

WP45 - Eefke is working on her deliverable 'Stakeholder Identification' and a draft version for comment is available on the Wiki. There will be a call next week with the 'Spreading Excellence' team discussing the overall communication strategies.

WP46 - is now also included in the deliverable 45.1 so this is now merged.

Any other topics

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-04-16

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-04-25 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback