Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 26 April 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Stefan Proell
  • Frederic Darre
  • Susan Reilly
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Daria Plankina
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Salvatore Mele
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Karl Heinz Schmitt
  • Eefke Smit
  • Stefan Hein
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Mariella Guercio
  • Juha Lehtonen
  • Christoph Bruch
  • Ash Hunter
  • Suenje Dallmeier-Tiessen
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Rene van Horik
  • Herve L'Hours

Apologies

Status of Month 16 Checkpoint

D11.2 - Awaiting a contribution from Hildelies Balk on methodology. HB has sent DG various documents from IMPACT but feels it would be better for Hildelies to contribute personally. She will be sending something later today, which will be inserted into this section to show we have 'buy-in' from partners.

D11.1 Comparison of research programmes - a draft is available for review. DG and SL asked everyone to have a brief look at D11.1 and D11.2 deliverables just prior to submission. DG said it was difficult to summarise in detail the research activities and therefore a high level view of capturing what people are doing. WK said he would be able to review this and make some suggestions. WK suggested a change that might be needed on D11.1 is an indication of what performance indicators are going to be addressed in another part of the project.

D12.1 - Sharon said the changes suggested by Ash Hunter still need to be made and will plan to do this so that it will be ready by the end of tomorrow. Sharon confirmed that the deliverable is the web site.

D13.1- Andreas said that the version on the Wiki has been reviewed by Rene and they have created a timetable for the next three years. They will review Rene's comments and send out another version incorporating the input received to date. The only thing left to do is some 'polishing' of the document.

D14.1/D16.1 - need to prepare a letter explaining the delay.

ACTION:

Send letter to Project Officer explaining delay on D14.1 and D16.1

D22.1 - There is still an issue of the effort to develop a prototype and some services. Maurizio is working on the Delvierable D22.2 and will also be working on the action plan. He requested support from the SCIDIP-ES project to assist in producing this deliverable. DG said that the action plan is being worked on and that we should also include the co-operation with SCIDIP-ES in the report.

ID2401 - to be included as an attachment to D24.1.

D24.2 - Silvio wrote that revised versions of 24.1 and 24.2 are complete and ready for the Month 16 Checkpoint. In addition, he has published a table of how he tackled the comments from the review.

D26.1 - postponed

D33.1A - completed

D33.1B - A Final version has been released for internal review and this is currently being reviewed by Silvio. DG explained that he added an executive summary to the report. As soon as DG received the feedback from Silvio, he will finalise the document.

D41.1 - A review has been done by Eefke. John L. advised that they are about to finalise this document and just awaiting FRD's input.

D43.1 - Sharon advised that this is nearly completed and will take into account the comments from the reviewers and DG.

D44.1 Communication Plan - This was reviewed by Ruben, who made some minor comments, and the deliverable has been re-worked to incorporate the comments. This has now been uploaded to the Wiki.

D45.1 - SL reported that this has now been reviewed and will follow-up offline.

Review of notes from previous meeting

SL reminded everyone that it is important to look at the notes as a record of what has been decided and the actions.

Review of Actions

Administrative matters

*Period 1 Report - this has worked on by DG and SL and will contain the Year 2 Plan, which has been circulated to the partners for comment. SL said they intend to present the effort per work package in the report.

Effort Reporting

Stream 1 Integration - Deliverables and Work Packages

All the deliverables have been covered in the preceding discussions. WK asked about Integration and the question of the vision for the organisation and suggested this as a topic for the GA. DG has been talking to Hildelies Balk about the IMPACT Centre of Competence, which is, in principle, different from the 'Centre of Excellence', however, in its implementation, there is not that much difference. HB has sent a number of documents to DG and it is hoped these can be shared amongst the APARSEN partners.

Stream 2 Technical Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

Maurizio is trying to extend the cooperation of difference work packages and asked the WP leaders to make clear the different initiatives.

Stream 3 Economic & Legal Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP31 - Christoph needs to look for new leadership and this has to be discussed at the PMB.

WP34 - CB is trying to arrange a meeting for this work package. Still waiting for IKIRAS to become active. DG is proposing that the APA should take over the lead on this and that, since we wrote the deliverable, the SCIDIP project has been funded and it makes sense to work on this WP. SL said we need to do a contract revision in any event and so this will be an opportunity to make any amendments at this time.

WP36 - CB will talk to Panos on Monday about completing plans on how to reach their goals.

Stream 4 Sustainable Uptake - Deliverables and Work Packages

Holger reported that they had a Kick-Off meeting on WP42 on Monday and all the participants for the WP were present, There is a draft of the minutes of the discussion on the Wiki and asked all the partners to have a look at this. There is a draft outline of D42.1 and he will make a few changes to this, based on the discussions and will continue to work on the deliverable next month.

D41.1 - there will be a mega meeting after this meeting about the allocation of effort and any questions around the topic of external workshops. Everybody has been working on the deliverables and there is current discussion on the web site - it was suggested that everyone should have a look at this and give their comments as this has to be delivered by Monday.

Any other topics

Still looking into the location for the GA meeting in June - this could be either the Netherlands or Frankfurt.

Rene sent around a proposal for a session on Digital Humanities and would like to know if anyone is interested in joining this session, if so, please send him an e-mail - this is an opportunity for the partners to discuss the APARSEN project. The date is 6-9 September 2012 and is being held in Sheffield, UK. The date for submission is 30 April. Rene will submit the proposal by the deadline. The title for this will be "What APARSEN and the digital preservation community learnt from each other". Peer review and 3rd party certification will be useful to include in this session.

-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-05-01

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-05-01 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback