-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-05-30

Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 24 May 2012

Attendees:

  • Simon Lambert
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Jana Becker
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Jeffery van der Hoeven
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Suenje Dalmaier-Thiessen
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Yannis Tzitzikas
  • Stefan Hein
  • Stefan Proell
  • Silvio Salza
  • Kirnn Kaur

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

SL asked everyone to fill in the Wiki for meeting on the 19-21 June and the attendance at the dinner on the 19 June.

Review of Actions

Veronika P-Z has now been asking for some time for slides for the introductory presentation. VP-Z confirmed that the deadline was 15 May but has only had about half of the WP materials she needs. She needs to have this completed by the end of the month.

ACTION:

ALL - WP leaders need to send slides and text for each WP demonstrating the objectives of the work package and indicate when their WP will start.

Administrative matters

Form C's - SL has advised that one or two people need to make some changes but intends to submit the forms by the end of today/tomorrow. Many of the explanations on the Form C's were strengthened but it is hoped this will lead to less queries from the EC.

Effort Reporting Please continue to fill in your effort.

Stream 1 Integration - Deliverables and Work Packages

WK sent his apologies.

SL reported in the absence of WK and confirmed that we have now submitted our deliverables up to and including Month 14. We need to ensure we keep up momentum with the deliverables that will become due. We have agreed to use the services of an external consultant to conduct a workshop at the meeting in June. Hildelies Balk has agreed to join the PMB and will give input on the Virtual Centre of Excellence,

WP13 - Andreas is looking at all the deliverables which were delivered in parallel with WP13 and is extracting information from these and will producing a separate document once we have had some feedback from the EC reviewers.

WP14 - Apologies from Ash Hunter.

WP16 - Apologies form Rene van Horik

Stream 2 Technical Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP21 - Maurizio reported that there is a kick-off meeting for this work package on Friday 25 May.

WP22 - As requested by the reviewers, there ia a proposal for an action plan to try and estimate the resources necessary to set up some basic services to test validity and effectiveness of the models. They have received information from Norman Paskin about other initiatives going on at the IETF board and also other initiatives and he offered to put us in touch with them to share effort and progress. Maurizio will be in contact with the WP22 participants to follow up on activity and would like to close evaluaiton of the model and start development before the summer. They are starting to prepare the external workshop on the 13 December in Florence with all the PI user communities.

Stream 3 Economic & Legal Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

Christoph Bruch sent his apologies.

WP32 - Kirrn advised that there is a mega meeting taking place immediately after this meeting and will review the effort as requested.

WP34 - APA has taken the lead and there is work currently being carried out on this WP.

Stream 4 Sustainable Uptake - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP41 - There will be a workshop at the LIBER conference in June and they are preparing something for iPres. VP-Z is also preparing a workshop at the 'Open Access Days' in Vienna in September.

WP42 - this WP has just started so nothing new to report.

WP43 - nothing to report at the moment,

WP44 - currently working on the web site and hope to finalise the web page very soon. Also working on a brochure. There is now a person hired from the beginning of June to work on the social media and Ruben is working on a Newsletter, which shoyuld be ready in June.

WP45 - There should be a webinar in June/July

WP46 - VP-Z will consult DG on this - asked to organise something for the workshop for 'Spreading Excellence and will have a call to discuss this.

Any other topics

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2012-05-30 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback