-- KrystinaGiaretta - 2012-06-18

Notes on APARSEN MegaMeeting Thursday 14 June 2012

Attendees:

  • David Giaretta
  • Krystina Giaretta
  • Orit Edelstein
  • Barbara Bazzanella
  • Silvio Salza
  • Veronika Praendl-Zika
  • Ash Hunter
  • Kirnn Kaur
  • Patricia Herterich
  • Olivier Rouchon
  • John Lindstrom
  • Karl Heinz Schmitt
  • William Kilbride
  • Hans Ulrich
  • Herve L'Hours
  • Maurizio Lunghi
  • Sharon McMeekin
  • Andreas Hundsdoerfer
  • Sabine Schrimpft
  • William Kilbride
  • Gerald Jaeschke
  • Stefan Proell

Apologies

Review of notes from previous meeting

Agreed as an accurate record of the meeting.

Review of Actions

DG ran through the list and reminded everyone to look at these and complete any outstanding actions and to also ensure they look at the Risk Register. If you do not wish to add or update any risks, then please complete the comment box to record that you have reviewed it.

SL sent an e-mail to all the partner reminding them to add information on their cost statements. If there is even on partner who does not complete this, then payments will be delayed.

All Hands/GA Meeting 19-21 June, Brussels

For the first day, we will collect together the tables of the plans for each of the WP's. All WP leaders should ensure their partners put together a table for discussion at the meeting. The second day is a workshop and the third half day will be the GA meeting. DG has not been able to speak to the PO but she ensures us we will have the opportunity to give feedback on the report.

ACTION:

ALL - Reminder to produce the work package risk registers.

Kirnn asked if we could have a page for everybody to update their risks on each of the work packages. DG will update the presentation to take account of this.

The PMB will prioritise the order of the presentations by having the most urgent ones first.

Administrative matters

Effort Reporting Please continue to fill in your effort.

Review of Risk Register

Stream 1 Integration - Deliverables and Work Packages

WK said there is quite a lot of of activity at the moment around planning and will do some mapping among the WP's.

WP11 - DG has put month by month plans on the agenda for the first day and would appreciate it if people take a look at this and get back to him with any comments. WK said that WP11 is central to APARSEN and that this work package affects everyone in the project.

WP12 - Sharon advised that she will have to re-submit applications for new candidates in order to organise the placements as a couple of them have stalled. She explained that they do not have the effort in the work package to meet the requirements of the reviewers.

WP13 - Andreas advised that they have started to expand the deliverables but would like to see the reviewers comments on the first version of the deliverables before making any additional content to the exisiting document.

WP14 - Ash had a very productive meeting this week on how we are going to progress the decision tree for users to the Centre of Excellence. DG will create a Wiki site, which will help to organise potential customers to provide tools and methods for them to be able to find similarities with what they are wanting to do. Ash will be sending out e-mails to the WP14 partners so they can have access to those objects in WP14 and ideas over the project lifetime. This service will allow partners to perform test activities. DG will be putting up the web pages and test sets on the Wiki.

WP15 - The date for the webinar has been arranged and invitations will be sent out to the EAB etc. The idea is to give presentations on Trust and this will be part of the extended Trust milestone.

WP16 - DG said that everyone should look at the test sets on the Wiki page as a guide to one or more of the tools and there will be a mechanism for people to put their ratings in.

Stream 2 Technical Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP21/23 - these work packages have just started.

WP21 - DG reported that they had an initial meeting and collected together a list of services clarifying what is meant by services and associated toolkit. There is an outline plan on the All Hands agenda page which will lead us to the deliverables in month 24.

WP22 - have started the evaluation of the model with a request for additional information to start implementation.

WP23 - This is led by ESA. DG will speak to ESA and chase them up on this work package.

WP24 - reviewing the results and the outcomes on their work package.

WP25/26 - just started so nothing new to report.

WP22.2 - DG said we need internal reviewers on this. In addition to DG, John Lindstrom, Orit Edelstein and Stefan Proell volunteered to review this work package and DG will e-mail them the link to the deliverable.

Stream 3 Economic & Legal Research - Deliverables and Work Packages

WP32 - Kirnn is reviewing the cost models and will finalise the templates with an initial high level review. With a little more concerted effort this month, they should be on track.

WP34 - A mega meeting was held but not much progress to report. DG will produce a plan for this.

Stream 4 Sustainable Uptake - Deliverables and Work Packages

VP-Z said that they are preparing for the All Hands meeting and everything is on track. DG said that everyone should take a look at the web site, which has been considerably re-organised. It is now possible to register on the site and if you let DG know, he will increase your priveledges so that you can add news items etc.

ACTION:

ALL - please look at the new web site, register and let DG know so he can increase your priveledges so that you can add content on the web site. DG will send out an e-mail about this.

On-going activities will be discussed at the splinter sessions during the AH meeting. John L said the planning for LIBER is almost complete and plans for iPRES are in progress.

WP43 - Sharon said the plans on training courses will be dependent on the discussions at the All Hands meeting after which they will formulate a firm plan for training courses.

WP45 - more information will be coming out about the webinar very shortly.

Any other topics

It is important that we keep a record of the people that we do contact. A reminder to everyone about the management web site, which was set up specifically to collect information about meetings and dissemination activities. Please put these things onthe management web site and record effort otherwise it makes reporting very difficult.

WK reminded everyone that the DPC has just launched a search for the winner of the Digitial Preservation Awards and hopes that all the partners will consider an application for this.

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-06-18 - KrystinaGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback