Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 7th June 2012

Present: David Giaretta, Simon Lambert, William Kilbride, Christoph Bruch, Maurizio Lunghi, Hildelies Balk

Actions from previous meeting

Hildelies noted that she had circulated her proposal for WP presentations at the meeting in Brussels; it is up to Simon/David to put into PowerPoint and announce to the WP leaders.

There was a lengthy discussion of the strategy for responding to the review of the Month 16 checkpoint. At the last meeting it was agreed that a "Tiger Team" would be set up to decide on a strategy for opening contacts with the Commission, as some pesonal contact seems desirable to understand and ameliorate the situation, rather than relying only on exchange of emails. Although we do not yet know what the M16 report will say, it would cause serious problems for the project if a large number of deliverables were rejected.

Maurizio and Hildelies argued that in any case we must take the report seriously and aim to deliver what is expected. William would like a clearer understanding of the implications of the forthcoming changes at the Commission, including the departure of Liina Munari as our Project Officer.

Although there are some clear misunderstandings in the draft M16 report, opinions were divided on how to respond. Eventually it was agreed:

ACTION: David to contact Liina to ask when the M16 report wil be available and for the opportunity to respond to the report before it is finalised.

The next PMB meeting could then focus on the priorities for responding to the report.

There was a discussion of the role of the PMB within the project. Maurizio requested a clarification of the terms of reference of the PMB. It was agreed that the PMB is not just an advisory body but does have executive power.

Maurizio proposed to include into the next PMB meeting on 14 June the 3 following points: 1- formalisation of a written terms of reference of PMB. 2- definition of a list of priorities in response to the reviewers. 3- proposal to be submitted at the GA for actions and resources allocation in the Year 2 plan.

ACTION: Simon to circulate terms of reference of PMB.

The meeting 19-21 June in Brussels

Preparation of stream reports and WP plans and risks

A deadline was set at the general MegaMeeting this moning of 15th June for WP plans.

ACTION: Simon to circulate template for WP presentations.

The WP leaders will present their own WPs, but the Stream Leaders will have a role in filtering and prioritising what needs to be discussed during the meeting.

Review of requests for reallocation of effort/budget

Simon had circulated a summary of the proposals he had received from WP leaders. He had inadvertently omitted proposals for reallocation of budget/effort from Maurizio and Hildelies in his summary. These will be included in the version sent to the General Assembly.

There are some constraints on how the budget may be reallocated. Philips' budget should really be redeployed only for enabling other partners to do the work that Philips would have done.

Christoph suggested considering asking all project partners to donate 50% of their effort in WP52. This would allow to hire a project manager full time for the remaining duration of the project. The freed up effort would be transfered to the organization which would hire the project manager. The project manager would report to the PMB.

The position of IKI-RAS in the project

(Confidential discussion)

ACTION: David to contact Efim Kudashev urgently and ask for a discussion with a good speaker of English to present our concerns and understand whether there is a credible way forward.

ACTION: Simon to prepare short paper for the General Assembly on the position of IKI RAS.

Individual stream issues

No discussion today.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-06-08

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2012-06-14 - ChristophBruch
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback