Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 3rd September 2012

Present: Simon Lambert, David Giaretta, William Kilbride, Maurizio Lunghi, Christoph Bruch (later), Veronika Prendl-Zika.

The purpose of this special PMB meeting was to prepare the agenda for the forthcoming General Assmebly meeting on 17th September. Simon introduced his paper with proposals for agenda items. The agenda items proposed in the paper were broadly agreed, though William pointed out that "the devil will be in the detail".

The following suggestions were made and agreed about the various agenda items.

Coordinator's report: Ths should include a summary of what has been submitted to the EC and how the Month 16 checkpoint was handled.

The Year 2+ plan should be presented, either as part of the coordinator's report or as a separate item. The GA should be asked to endorse the plan; indeed their authority is needed for deletion of WPs etc. It would be helpful to have some feedback from the PO about the plan before the GA meeting.

In any case the GA meeting in September will be too early to approve resource reallocations. This should be done in November.

Management of the network: This should include the schedule up to the next review and the monitoring procedures that will be applied at WP level. It should emphasize the role of the PMB, and that it is now functioning well as a body.

ACTION: Simon to revise the agenda and obtain approval from PMB before circulating generally.

The agenda items do not all have to be presented by the coordinator. A decision on who presents what should be made urgently, so that the presenters can prepare a few slides in advance of the meeting. It is important to have clarity about what the GA is being invited to discuss and approve.

It was suggested that Juan Bicarregui (STFC) might chair the meeting.

ACTION: Simon to check if Juan is available to chair the GA meeting.

Maurizio said that the Year 2 & Year 3 action plan must be clearly on the agenda and presented at the GA, first of all for amendment modifications and budget changes, secondly to introduce and reinforce a new trend in a cooperative management of the project with direct involvement and responsibility of WP leaders . Maurizio said that we must restart the good exercise we did in July to refine the action plan, in fact even if we sent a draft to Manuela we can still optimise the action plan before the DoW amendment to be done in December. Maurizio requested to activate on the wiki the Year 2 & Year 3 action plan, reimplementing also the 2 tables removed because they were not ready, and implementing also some instruments to reinforce WP leaders responsibility and the opportunity for other partners to leave suggestions or comments. Maurizio agreed with Veronika that some instruments to monitor progress are crucial and must be defined. Simon said he will implement Year 2+ on the wiki asap. Maurizio offered to take responsibility for the evolution of the Year 2+ plan if a clear mandate is defined.

On a separate issue, Christoph observed that the role of the Stream Leaders has not yet been clearly defined.

ACTION: Christoph to draft definition of roles of Stream Leaders, taking account of a previous email sent by Veronika on the subject.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-09-04

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2012-09-04 - MaurizioLunghi
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback