Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 6th September 2012

Present: Simon Lambert, Maurizio Lunghi, Veronika Prendl-Zika.
Apologies: David Giaretta, William Kilbrdie, Hans Pfeiffenberger, Christoph Bruch.

Finalisation of agenda for General Assembly meeting on 17 September

The latest draft agenda, circulated by SImon in the morning, was broadly agreed. Veronika emphasized the importance of giving a comprehensive overview of the state of the project in the coordinator's report, because several GA members are not necessarily involved in the day-to-day business of APARSEN.

It was agreed to delete the item on "inactive partners" and to include it in the agenda of the meeting in November.

ACTION: Simon to circulate GA agenda to PMB for final approval, then to circulate generally on Friday.

At the meeting, Maurizio will lead the item on "Planning, revision of the DoW and the contract amendment", provided he has a mandate from the PMB, and it was suggested that Christoph should lead the item "Management of the network". All other items will be led by the coordinator.

ACTION: Confirm leaders of GA agenda items.

ACTION: Those leading GA agenda items to prepare paper for circulation in advance and some slides for use in the meeting itself.

Next steps with the Commission

It was noted at the previous meeting that "It would be helpful to have some feedback from the PO about the plan before the GA meeting."

Revision of DoW

It was confirmed that the revision of the DoW will be based on the Year 2+ plan.

Maurizio sees the management of the Year 2+ plan as being part of the new management approach. He identified two important elements: a glossary to reinforce WP cooperation, and development and application of a policy on trusted digital repositories for APARSEN itself. Veronika suggested that on the latter point the PMB should make a recommendation to the consortium as a whole.

Project management: role of Stream Leaders and WP leaders, "traffic light" monitoring, etc.

It is desirable, and should be possible, to agree a set of responsibilities quite quickly.

ACTION: Simon to quickly sketch responsibilties of management roles as basis for discussion and agreement.

Policy on managing our publications (persistent identifiers, trusted digital repositories)

Veronika confirmed that ONB will be able to archive the APARSEN web pages.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-09-06

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-09-06 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback