Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 15th November 2012

Present: Simon Lambert, David Giaretta, William Kilbride, Maurizio Lunghi, Sabine Schrimpf, Veronika Praendl-Zika.

Review preparation

Simon reviewed the detailed timetable that he and Juan produced after last week's meetings in Frascati. This looks fine, though Veronika suggested adding dates for appointment of internal reviewers and for the deliverable review procedure. David also suggested adding the preparation of material for the meeting with Manuela Speiser in Florence.

Revision of the DoW

Simon had proposed some topics to raise with Manuela Speiser in Florence. William emphaszied that we should start the discussion with the common vision and some positive messages about it. We will also need a good story about reallocation of the budget.

It was agreed that WP leaders affected by the withdrawal of Philips and IKI-RAS should propose what to do to compensate: which could be to simply decide that their effort is not needed, or to reduce the scope, or if really necessary to request additional effort.

ACTION: Simon to ask WP leaders to propose what to do about loss of Philips and IKI-RAS effort.

There was a discussion of the role of Airbus, particularly in WP13.

ACTION: William to contact WP13 leader to raise the issue of the Airbus contribution to this WP.

It was agreed to aim to complete the DoW revision, good enough to send to Manuela, by 29th November then send to her on 5th Dececember, so allowing the PMB to review it for a few days.

Suggestions for third reviewer

Dinesh Katre and Ross Wilkinson have accepted in principle that they would be willing to act as external reviewer.

ACTION: Simon to send names of possible external reviewers to Manuela.

Working groups on common vision and VCoE

David has some names in mind for the working group on the common vision and is in touch with them. He has created a wiki page CreationOfResearchAgenda.

D11.2(i) calls for a series of workshops towards the VCoE. We should certainly hold one before the first review.

ACTION: Simon to poll for date of workshop on VCoE.

Status of the "catch-up" deliverables

David has agreed to review D43.1 from the point of view of the common vision.

ACTION: David to follow up D14.1.

Preservation policy for APARSEN's outputs

David had circulated a draft policy for preservation of APARSEN's own outputs.

ACTION: David to create wiki page for APARSEN preservation policy and invite comments.

The policy could form part of D11.2 or the Periodic Report.

-- SimonLambert - 2012-11-16

Topic revision: r1 - 2012-11-16 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback