Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 11th July 2013

Present: Simon Lambert, David Giaretta, Ruben Riestra, Sabine Schrimpf, Maurizio Lunghi.

Follow-up from previous meeting and review of actions

Simon observed that the master schedule on the wiki is out of date, and if we want it to be a useful management tool it will need to be kept current. David recalled that one purpose of the schedule was to work backwards from the deadlines in the future such as the soft launch of the VCoE, so we know what needs doing by when.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta   PMB : update master schedule taking account of deadlines such as soft launch of VCoE, sustainability brochure, etc. 2014-05-15 edit

Ruben has offered to produce a view of the outputs from the sustainability work, bringing together WP32 and other activities. What is currently missing is the connection to the potential demand. This needs an update of the communication policy, which will pave the way for the VCoE. In order to progress this, Ruben will need the notes on the VCoE workshop at Heathrow; Simon will send them to him and the other PMB members in their current unedited form.

Cooperation agreement for other projects

Ruben and Maurizio have been working on a first pilot application of the template for cooperation agreements. This will provide good evidence of strategies of cooperation with other initiatives.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
RubenRiestra 2013-07-12 WP45 : circulate template for cooperation agreements to PMB 2013-08-07 SimonLambert   edit

Review of Risk Register

The Risk Register is located at ApanRiskRegister. There are two issues: keeping it updated with current risks, and monitoring the risks and taking appropriate actions.

David pointed out that this is relevant to business plans and sustainabilty. As we are now moving into the final phase of the project, the risk register can be a useful tool for us as well as something to present to the reviewers. Ruben observed that in the final phase of the project, there is a risk of forgetting critical issues to be analysed - we need to make sure all relevant dimensions are taken into account. Other risks include partners having used all resources, and losing commitment as the project comes to an end.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2013-07-18 WP51 : add some high-level risks to risk register 2013-08-21 SimonLambert   edit

Better plans for MegaMeeting schedule with specific topic proposal

Maurizio said that the weekly MegaMeetings have had less attendance, and the standard agenda is becoming rather uninteresting. It was agreed to have one or two meetings a month devoted to special topics, alternating with the standard status update. Topics could include preparation for IPRES and the ICT 2013 event, and recently submitted deliverables. Specific people should be invited to speak.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2013-07-18 WP52 : propose calendar of special topics for the weekly MegaMeetings 2013-07-31 SimonLambert   edit

Any other issues

It was agreed to hold the next All Hands meeting in the first week of December. This will be a really critical meeting to check the common vision and VCoE deliverables. There should be two full days for the AHM (so arriving the day before) plus a final half day (presumably for the GA meeting). (David later proposed preceding the AHM by the APA Executive Board and members' meeting - this would also tie in with the VCoE planning as it concerns the APA.)

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2013-07-12 WP51 : inform consortium of date of next AHM and ask if anyone can host the meeting 2013-07-31 SimonLambert   edit

David has sent a reply about the proposed MoU arising from the DCH-RP meeting, but has not received a response.

Maurizio noted that he and several other APARSENers will be in Glasgow next week for the training event, and will not be available for the Thursday meetings.

-- SimonLambert - 2013-07-11

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2014-05-15 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback