Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 24th October 2013

Present: Simon Lambert, David Giaretta, Maurizio Lunghi, Ruben Riestra.

Follow-up from previous meeting and review of actions

Ruben confirmed that as far as he is concerned the template cooperation agreement between APARSEN and other projects is ready for use. He only needs to circulate it.

Meetings in Den Haag in December

Simon reported that instead of the proposed training session with NCDD, the NCDD people will be encouraged to attend the sustainability training event the following week. This leaves the APARSEN meetings without distractions. The agendas for the AHM and GA are now on the wiki.

Review meeting in February

A key question is who should attend the review.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SabineSchrimpf 2013-10-31 WP51 : indicate any limitation on numbers at the review meeting at DNB 2013-10-30 SimonLambert   edit

As well as PMB members, partners responsible for major deliverables in Year 3 and plans for Year 4 should be present.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2013-10-31 WP51 : set up wiki page for next review and list of those who should attend 2013-10-30 SimonLambert   edit

Ruben argued that the management report should include a short statement about each submitted deliverable selling its importance. Furthermore, we need to be strong on what defragmentation has been achieved by APARSEN. The AHM will be an important opportunity to prepare these issues. At the common vision meeting this morning, René van Horik offered to write something on the vision from the perspective of his community; we could hope for a god number of such contributions from other partners, if needed.

David is concerned how to present progress in convergence of the research programmes of the partner organisations. Ruben argued that we should self-evaluate at the review on this kind of issue. We should ask everyone how we are in better shape than when we wrote the proposal.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert, DavidGiaretta, MaurizioLunghi, SabineSchrimpf, RubenRiestra 2013-10-31 WP51 : propose a few "self-evaluation" questions to ask of all partners 2014-02-27 DavidGiaretta   edit

Common vision and VCoE

The weekly meeting on developing the vision took place this morning and was productive.

David explained that the next deliverable on the VCoE, D11.4, will have as its core the business plan, but behind it additional evidence such as services that can be offered, how training fits in, plans for the soft launch. We also need some sort of endorsement from partners: not a definite commitment of money but a statement that the VCoE looks suitable to satisfy the organisation's needs in the coming years.

Ruben reported that he is working on a document on value in business cases, which is nearly finished.

Sustainability brochure

Not discussed.

Next contract amendment

The PMB will need to decide on reallocation of budget released by underspending partners. Ruben said we must ask first what can be contributed to the project, not just allow requests for more money. David went further and said the PMB should decide on the basis of the business plan and common vision what is missing, and then the use money to fill gaps.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2013-10-31 WP51 : propose list of priorities for reallocation of budget in contract amendment 2013-12-12 SimonLambert   edit

Cooperation with other projects

The table on the wiki of potential collaborations has a good number of entries already. We should continue to build it up as it will be good ammunition for the review.

In order to make concrete prigress, it was agreed to send a letter to most of the projects/initiatives listed proposing a cooperation agreement - since everyone is under the same pressure from reviewers/Project Officers to cooperate with each other!

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
RuibenRiestra 2013-10-31 WP45 : draft letter to send to other projects proposing cooperation agreement 2013-10-31 DavidGiaretta   edit

Any other issues

David has put up a form on the public website to collect updates on formal qualifications. These will feed into the database (not an update of the deliverable). He proposes to set up similar forms for the other databases (tools, services, interactive map, standards).

-- SimonLambert - 2013-10-24

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r5 - 2014-02-27 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback