Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 16th January 2014

Present: Simon Lambert, Matthias Hemmje, Maurizio Lunghi, Sabine Schrimpf, Ruben Riestra.

Apologies from David Giaretta.

Any issues concerning M36 deliverables

Following the update at this morning's MegaMeeting, everything seems on track for submission of the M36 deliverables to the EC and reviewers by the end of this week.

Review preparation

Simon put a proposed structure for the rehearsal on the wiki page for the review ApanReviewFeb2014. It mirrors the review agenda itself.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
RubenRiestra 2014-01-17 WP52 : circulate update of the key messages for the review 2014-01-29 SimonLambert   edit

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
RubenRiestra 2014-01-17 WP52 : suggest how to improve template for review presentations 2014-01-29 SimonLambert   edit

Based on Ruben's contributions, the Stream Leaders will prepare their presentations, calling on WP leaders for contribution on specific WPs and deliverables.

Sabine reported that she has agreed with Heikki Helin that he will not need to attend the review meeting; Sabine will present WP35 herself.

Proposals for budget reallocation - approach to selection

After debate, the following approach was agreed.

  • Although the final decision on selection of the proposals is for the GA, it is the duty of the PMB to make recommendations to the GA.
  • Therefore the PMB members will apply defined criteria to the proposals received to make a judgement on priorities.
  • Proposers will be given a chance to expand or modify their proposals before the PMB evaluation, and particularly add to add a concrete budget figure.
  • Maurizio and Ruben will quickly define the criteria that the PMB will apply. The basic criterion is importance to either successful completion of the project or to the creation of the VCoE and its sustainability.
  • The idea is that the PMB will reach a consensus and put this to the GA.
  • The PMB will first do a prioritization without negotiation about budgets, then see if it could fund more proposals by asking some to lower their bids.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SimonLambert 2014-01-16 WP51 : ask all proposers of budget reallocations to provide further information if they wish, by next Monday 2014-01-23 SimonLambert   edit

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
MaurizioLunghi, RubenRiestra 2014-01-17 WP51 : define simple criteria for prioritising proposals for budget reallocation 2014-01-23 SimonLambert   edit

Ruben observed that we really need definitive figures for Year 3 spend to know how much money is available. He also pointed out that our main focus right now should be passing the review, not arguing over money!

Policy for digital publications

Maurizio introduced his proposal for a policy for preservation of APARSEN's own outputs. We should select several trusted digital repositories (such as DANS or national libraries), and define a policy for archiving our deliverable etc. Maurizio will write this down.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
MaurizioLunghi 2014-01-24 WP52 : write draft policy for preservation of APARSEN's own outputs 2014-02-20 DavidGiaretta   edit

-- SimonLambert - 2014-01-16

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2014-02-20 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback