Minutes of Project Management Board meeting, 20th February 2014

Present: Simon Lambert, David Giaretta, Matthias Hemmje, Maurizio Lunghi, Sabine Schrimpf.

Apologies: Ruben Riestra.

Outcome of review meeting

Rejected deliverables D14.1 and D43.2

D14.1: Confidential discussion.

D43.2: The need here is simply to complete the training portal with more content, which is in any case planned. Matthias said that we must await the formal review report to see what specific requirements are imposed. David pointed out that we might need to be careful in what effort is booked to WP43 for Year 3.

Recommendations

Matthias argued that in general we don't need to deal with any of the recommendations until we see them formalised in the written report. We can then use our own notes to interpret what the report says. The important thing (as Ruben pointed out earlier) is to keep working rather than lose momentum after the review. For example, work is still needed on the interactive map and training material, and this is this is independent of the results of review or any redistribution of budget.

David agreed. The project is now creating the VCoE and spreading excellence. There are plenty of person-months in WP11 and WP43 to be used. We need to plan the use of person-months to take advantage of all partners' effort before the project begins winding down.

Soft launch of VCoE

David has circulated a draft text for the RDA publicity for the joint workshop (which is the soft launch event); this has to be finalised by tomorrow.

The event will be four hours in the afternoon on 25th March.

It was agreed at the last AHM in Den Haag to set up a working group to do preparation for the launch, comprising David, Simon, Ruben, John Lindstr÷m (could replace by Manuela Holzmayer as Johnis withdrawing from the project), Kirnn Kaur and RenÚ van Horik.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2014-02-21 WP11 : find date for meeting of task force for soft launch of VCoE 2014-03-13 DavidGiaretta   edit

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta, SimonLambert, MatthiasHemmje, MaurizioLunghi, SabineSchrimpf, RubenRiestra 2014-02-27 WP11 : make suggestions for programme of soft launch event in March (joint with EUDAT) 2014-03-13 DavidGiaretta   edit

Maurizio asked if there is an intention to produce "vision statements" or not. David said that there are some already in section 5 of D11.3. The reviewers in fact suggested an additional statement. But we do now need to encourage wider feedback and debate. David sees these statements as being eye-catching headlines to lead people into the important issues. It was agreed that outreach is now really important.

Finalisation of Periodic Report

Manuela Speiser has asked Simon to report on deviations from plan in the Periodic Report. This can be done in terms of over/under-booking on WPs or per partner. David noted that WP51, WP22, WP32 and WP26 have overbooked effort; where necessary we can say that effort will be transferred from elsewhere. Regarding partners, SBA and CERN have used more person-months than planned, but this is because of deploying cheaper staff.

Overall spend against budget

Simon will complete the spreadsheet with the definitive Form C figures when they are available next week.

-- SimonLambert - 2014-02-20

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2014-03-13 - DavidGiaretta
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback