APARSEN ALL HANDS MEETING 10/11 NOVEMBER 2011

THURSDAY 10 NOVEMBER

ACTIONS:

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
AshHunter   WP14 : Contact people from other projects that the APARSEN group are involved in and talk to them about their common testing environments. 2012-04-04 edit

One E-mail List only – please add this information to this list.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
VeronikaGuidetti 2011-11-10 W23 : Veronica Guidetti will have a break-out session with the WP partners 2011-11-24 DavidGiaretta   edit

WP24 – Authenticity and provenance

  • Silvio Salza and Yannis Tzitzikas gave presentations on the current state of the Work Package - to be placed on the Wiki.
  • ALL – please complete and return the surveys sent out by SS.

WP26 Annotation Reputation and Data Quality

  • Hans Pfeiffenberger gave a presentation on the WP – to be placed on the Wiki.
  • It was agreed to produce a draft in February with the full report following on 3-4 months later.
  • Put a list of the questionnaires in the Wiki so that organisations can check whether these apply to them and can be completed accordingly.
  • ALL - APARSEN partners should contact their repositories to increase the input.
  • ALL - Instead of focussing on surveys (people are suffering from survey fatigue), put together the information you have and send to the partners –i.e. using a consultation process instead of surveys.
  • Veronica Guidetti suggested the project partners should follow the same model as ESA by asking only 10 questions instead of 50 – this way there will be a better response.

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers   WPxx : instead of surveys we should send out 10 questions and information to enable us to target people for follow-up consultation 2012-04-04 SimonLambert   edit

WP33 – Peer Review & Third Party Certification of Repositories

  • Heinz Pampel gave a presentation on the WP – to be placed on the Wiki
  • HP should put more reference to digital preservation in his report.

DELIVERABLES

All updates on deliverables were input by Simon Lambert during the meeting.

FRIDAY 10 NOVEMBER

Work Packages

Network of Excellence

  • Need structured interaction with other projects
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta 2011-12-15 WP11: DG to start drafting a plan to form the Virtual Centre of Excellence in collaboration with APARSEN members for discussion with the APA Executive Board 2012-02-16 edit

WP21 – Preservation Services (STFC)

  • DG gave overview of work package

WP23- Storage Solutions

  • Veronica Guidetti had break-out session with the WP members on the 10th Nov

WP32 – Cost/benefit data collection and modelling (BL)

  • Kirnn Kaur gave presentation and confirmed ‘Kick-Off’ meeting to be arranged for their WP – requested input from WP partners.

WP34 – Brokerage Services

  • DG reminded the group of requirements as detailed in the DoW.

WP36 – Business Cases (RTD)

  • Emmanuele Bellini gave a presentation on this WP – to be placed on the Wiki
  • Need to define the scope of the work package.
  • DG noted the links : Preservation Services has implications for Cost Models which then has implications for Business Cases
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
TWikiUsers 2012-03-15 WP3x : Remember links between Preservation services/ Cost Models/ Business cases 2012-04-04 edit

WP12 – Staff and Experience Exchange

  • Starts date is month 12 and currently formulating plans

REVIEW DUE IN FEBRUARY

  • We will need good drafts of the deliverables
  • Get some guidance from the Project Officer on what she expects
  • Need to think about the final deliverable
  • Need to be prepared to answer the questions on Smart Objectives
  • Need to suggest reviewers
  • Short summary of DoW and first year of project deliverables for the EU reviewers
  • There is a feeling that there is a need for more Face to Face meetings, which are very productive – will try and aim for 6-monthly meetings. DG will look at the budget to see if there is a possibility to fund this out of the project funds.
  • Ruben suggested more face to face meetings could be arranged through parallel travel/meetings in order to take advantage of these.
  • Set up working practices for the WP’s to make best use of the Wiki page.
  • Add people to the EAG to the Wiki – target group to keep well informed
  • RR suggested a good metrics showing the APARSEN community from the point of the projects.
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
DavidGiaretta, SimonLambert 2011-12-15 WP51 : Contact PO about the review 2011-12-01 DavidGiaretta   edit

1.30pm meeting closes

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r9 < r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r9 - 2012-04-04 - SimonLambert
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback